Nutropin Depot

Sad news for GH lovers. Read following letter:
Dear Patient:

We recently have had to make a difficult decision regarding one of our commercial products, Nutropin Depot? [somatropin (rDNA origin) for injectable suspension]. Your physician or pharmacy is providing you this letter with important information regarding this product. Genentech has decided to discontinue the commercialization of its long-acting formulation of growth hormone Nutropin Depot. This decision was based on the uncertainties and limitations in product supply required to meet future patient needs as well as the significant resources necessary for manufacturing. Given this decision, we would have preferred to phase out the product over an extended period of time. However, because there is a very limited current supply, we need to phase out Nutropin Depot over the next several weeks. This decision has nothing to do with the safety or effectiveness of the product. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and your family.

Please consult with your healthcare team about changing to the appropriate product for you or your child. Your physician has received a letter regarding how to ensure a smooth transition to another growth hormone product.

Genentech offers a variety of daily injectable growth hormone products within the Nutropin family of products, including the Nutropin AQ Pen? for use with Nutropin AQ Pen? cartridge [somatropin (rDNA origin) injection], Nutropin AQ? [somatropin (rDNA origin) injection, and Nutropin? [somatropin (rDNA origin) for injection] for use with conventional syringe and needles.

Genentech remains committed to our growth hormone franchise, and our customer service group is available to answer any questions you may have on this transition.

For those of you who do not know what nutropin depot was, it was a long lasting oil based GH suspention. It was a once a week shot, which was supperior to the once/twice a day non-sense that people go through.

I find it sad that this stuff practicly died on the vine. I myself have no interest in GH, but I though I would pass this along for people that do like it.