Nutritionless Food?

http://www.natural-health-information-centre.com/codex-alimentarius.html

Codex Alimentarius - The Sinister Truth Behind Operation Cure-All
(From an original article by Ruth James)

What’s really behind Operation Cure-All? Is it just the FDA and FTC taking their power too far? Or is there a deeper, more sinister purpose to this campaign? Who are Codex Alimentarius?

How could a country that prides itself in its freedom of speech, freedom of choice, and freedom of information be facing such severe restrictions in health freedom and dietary supplements? Haven’t the people made their will known? Didn’t our government pass the Dietary Supplement Health & Education Act of 1994 to insure our right to health supplements?

Indeed, our government did. But the FDA and FTC have found ways to get around that. The laws put in place to protect us are being ignored. And what’s worse is that those laws are about to be superseded, if the powers that be have their way.

OPERATION CURE ALL IS JUST ONE MEANS TO AN END
You see, Operation Cure-All is just a tactic, a vehicle, in a much bigger overall plan. It is a result of “Codex Alimentarius” (meaning food code) – a set of regulations that aim to outlaw any health information in connection with vitamins and limit free access to natural therapies on a worldwide scale.

WHAT’S BEHIND CODEX ALMENTARIUS?
Behind the Codex Alimentarius Commission is the United Nations and the World Health Organization working in conjunction with the multinational pharmaceutical cartel and international banks. Its initial efforts in the US with the FDA were defeated, so it found another ally in the FTC. Now Codex, with the FTC and the pharmaceutical cartel behind it, it threatens to become a trade issue, using the campaign of Operation Cure-All to advance its goals.

Codex began simply enough when the U.N. authorized the World Health Organization and the Food and Agriculture Organization to develop a universal food code. Their purpose was to ‘harmonize’ regulations for dietary supplements worldwide and set international safety standards for the purposes of increased trade. Pharmaceutical interests stepped in and began exerting their influence. Instead of focusing on food safety, Codex is using its power to promote worldwide restrictions on vitamins and food supplements, severely limiting their availability and dosages.

REAL GOALS OF CODEX
This is to bring about international ‘harmonization.’ While global harmony sounds benign, is that the real purpose of this plan? While the stated goal of Codex is to establish unilateral regulations for dietary supplements in every country, the actual goal is to outlaw health products and information on vitamins and dietary supplements, except those under their direct control. These regulations would supersede United States domestic laws without the American people’s voice or vote in the matter.

HOW CAN IT BE POSSIBLE?
Americans gasp at the thought. It goes against everything America stands for. Many believe this can’t be possible. The truth is, it’s not only possible, it’s required by the Codex Alimentarius agreement.

In fact, under the terms of the Uruguay Round of GATT, which created the World Trade Organization, the United States agreed to harmonize its domestic laws to the international standards. This includes standards for dietary supplements being developed by the United Nation’s Codex Alimentarius Commission’s Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Use.

The Uruguay Round Agreements carry explicit language clearly indicating that the U.S. must harmonize to international standards:

“Members are fully responsible under this Agreement for the observance of all provisions… members shall formulate and implement positive measures and mechanisms in support of the observance of the provisions… by other than central government bodies.” [WTO TBT Agreement at Article 3.5]"

In other words, the federal government must NOT ONLY CHANGE FEDERAL LAW, but must ALSO require state and local governments to change their laws as well to be in accordance with international law.

Not only that, but Codex Alimentarius is now enforceable through the World Trade Organization (WTO). If a country disagrees with or refuses to follow Codex standards, the WTO applies pressure by withdrawing trade privileges and imposing crippling trade sanctions. Congress has already bowed to this pressure several times and so have the governments of many countries.

While the exemption clause (USC 3512(a)(1) and (a)(2) was created to supposedly protect our laws from harmonization to international standards, it has proven to be totally ineffective. The United States has already lost seven trade disputes despite the exemption clause. Due to the enormous pressures put on them by lobbyists from multinational corporations (who contribute millions to congressional campaigns), Congress bowed to pressure and changed U.S. laws.

It appears our government (as well as al others) is being manipulated one way or another to serve the goals of the UN, the World Health Organization and the World Trade Organization. Food control equals people control – and population control. Is this beginning to sound like world government and one-world order? Could this be the real goal behind Codex Alimentarius?

The United States, Canada, the Europeans, Japan, most of Asia, and South America have already signed agreements pledging total harmonization of their laws including food and drug laws to these international standards in the future.

WHAT CODEX WILL BRING
What can we expect under Codex? To give you an idea, here are some important points:

Dietary supplements could not be sold for preventive (prophylactic) or therapeutic use.

Potencies would be limited to extremely low dosages. Only the drug companies and the big phytopharmaceutical companies would have the right to produce and sell the higher potency products (at inflated prices).

Prescriptions would be required for anything above the extremely low doses allowed (such as 35 mg. on niacin).

Common foods such as garlic and peppermint would be classified as drugs or a third category (neither food nor drugs) that only big pharmaceutical companies could regulate and sell. Any food with any therapeutic effect can be considered a drug, even benign everyday substances like water.

Codex regulations for dietary supplements would become binding (escape clauses would be eliminated).

All new dietary supplements would be banned unless they go through Codex testing and approval.

Genetically altered food would be sold worldwide without labeling.
According to John Hammell, a legislative advocate and the founder of International Advocates for Health Freedom (IAHF), here is what we have to look forward to:

"If Codex Alimentarius has its way, then herbs, vitamins, minerals, homeopathic remedies, amino acids and other natural remedies you have taken for granted most of your life will be gone. The name of the game for Codex Alimentarius is to shift all remedies into the prescription category so they can be controlled exclusively by the medical monopoly and its bosses, the major pharmaceutical firms. Predictably, this scenario has been denied by both the Canadian Health Food Association and the Health Protection Branch of Canada (HPB).

The Codex Alimentarius proposals already exist as law in Norway and Germany where the entire health food industry has literally been taken over by the drug companies. In these countries, vitamin C above 200 mg is illegal as is vitamin E above 45 IU, vitamin B1 over 2.4 mg and so on. Shering-Plough, the Norway pharmaceutical giant, now controls an Echinacea tincture, which is being sold there as an over the counter drug at grossly inflated prices. The same is true of ginkgo and many other herbs, and only one government controlled pharmacy has the right to import supplements as medicines which they can sell to health food stores, convenience stores or pharmacies."

It is now a criminal offence in parts of Europe to sell herbs as foods. An agreement called EEC6565 equates selling herbs as foods to selling other illegal drugs. Action is being taken to accelerate other European countries into ‘harmonization’ as well.

Paul Hellyer in his book, “The Evil Empire,” states: "Codex Alimentarius is supported by international banks and multinational corporations including some in Canada, and is in reality a bill of rights for these banks and the corporations they control. It will hand over our sovereign rights concerning who may or may not invest in our countries to an unelected world organization run by big business. The treaty would make it impossible for Canadian legislators either federal or provincial to alter or improve environmental standards for fear of being sued by multinational corporations whether operating in Canada or not.

This will create a world without borders ruled by a virtual dictatorship of the world’s most powerful central banks and multinational companies. This world is an absolute certainty if we all sit on our hands and do nothing."

This is the future the FDA and FTC are striving to bring us via Codex harmonization. Is this a future we are going to willingly accept or prevent?

WHY TARGET THE INTERNET?
It is no accident that the FDA and FTC are targeting Internet health sites through Operation Cure-All. We are standing in the doorway of an unprecedented revolution – the information revolution brought about by the Internet.

Now all people everywhere have the ability to learn about anything that interests them with just a few clicks. History has shown that informed, educated people change civilizations – they change the flow of thought and they change the flow of money. They can even change the direction of a country. When similar transitions have happened in the past, the powers that existed did not give up willingly. The Catholic Church fiercely protected its practice of selling ‘indulgences’ as a forgiveness of sin. When the practice was abolished, the Catholic Church lost a great deal of power and money.

When the printing press was invented, books were banned and printers were imprisoned by the authorities, who feared an educated public could not be governed. In the same way, the medical monopoly (and the UN) now fears that a public educated in health and privy to the shortcomings of modern medicine could not be controlled. Loss of control means loss of revenue and loss of power. And they are doing everything they can to stop progress so they can contain their losses and strengthen their power.

The printing press changed the world. Can you imagine what life would be like today if the book banners had their way? But because the printing press won out, society progressed and freedom was embraced. The Internet is changing the world in an equally significant way. While the entire Internet can hardly be suppressed, the pharma-cartels and their backers are looking to protect their interests by restricting as much information as they can on the Internet.

Will we, the people, win out again – or will the UN and the World Health Organization agenda and the pharmaceutical cartel change the course of history and take us back to the “dark ages” of medicine?

People don’t realize that even our SEEDS will be regulated. Want to grow chamomile for a calming tea? Nope. Possessing the seeds will be illegal. Want to use oregano as a supplement? No, you’ll only be able to get a few ounces of “culinary grade” oregano at a time. They will be able to regulate all aspects of food production and supplementation. They’ll make the rules about what we can eat, how we can prepare it, and how much of it we are permitted to own (grow, preserve, store).

campaigners against this!

I don’t know, I’m seeing a lot of stuff like this lately and sometimes I don’t know what to think about it. People talk about campaining against things like this but any person with common sense knows that if rich people want something to happen, it will eventually happen wether the public likes it or not. I’m not one to even get into politics and such, but in my opinion if people really want to change the way things are going, nothing short of an armed rebellion would work.

I wouldn’t be surprised if total control of the food industry by the pharmaceutical fat cats became a reality, but it’ll be slow and we’ll barely notice it.

Thank god they haven’t banned anabolic steroids, human growth hormone and marijuana.

The new codex alimentatius guidelines are to be enacted in December 2009. This will change food as we know it. This shit is very very frightening. They want to irradiate all products, including organic vegetables, etc. Beef will no longer labelled as organic and will be injected with who knows what stereoids and other hormones. Homeopathic products will be illegal. Google codex alimentarius december 2009 gm and see what you find. People need to get ACTIVE and try to stop this. Check it out and then DO SOMETHING!!!

This sounds like paranoid crap of the highest order.

For starters, what’s wrong with genetically engineered food exactly? It enables our food to last longer, be more nutritious and enables us to grow more. For example, splicing the “anti-freeze” gene found in arctic salmon in to tomatoes means we now have tomatoes that don’t just die in a frost, greatly increasing yield.

Homoeopathic remedies are unadulterated bullshit.

And since when would people in the business of making money try and ban all these things that make them loads of money? Despite it being bullshit, the Homoeopathy business makes shit loads of cash, why would they want to stop that?

I’ve also never heard of any serious attempt at people banning the printing press when it first came about, but would be gratefully enlightened on this.

The kicker for me was this line; “Any food with any therapeutic effect can be considered a drug, even benign everyday substances like water.”

If you believe this article I worry about your critical thinking abilities.

Any article that starts by questioning if there is a conspiracy theory…

[quote]Rattler wrote:

What’s really behind Operation Cure-All? Is it just the FDA and FTC taking their power too far? Or is there a deeper, more sinister purpose to this campaign? Who are Codex Alimentarius?
[/quote]

…has a home here at PWI

[quote]Jab1 wrote:

If you believe this article I worry about your critical thinking abilities.[/quote]

Jab1: Nothing like keeping an open mind, right? I agree that critical thinking is very important, but an open mind is of equal value. To brand homeopathic remedies as “unadulterated bullshit” is a bit radical. Many are bullshit. All? I think not. But each of us have a right to our opinions. But I ask you to check the internet out about Codex, and if it is all just Chicken Little screaming that the sky if falling, then so be it.

[quote]Jab1 wrote:
This sounds like paranoid crap of the highest order.

For starters, what’s wrong with genetically engineered food exactly? It enables our food to last longer, be more nutritious and enables us to grow more. [/quote]

This statement is 100% false. It is proven without a doubt that for example, a hybrid tomatoe from today grown in a commercial setting has far less nutritional value than a Heirloom Tomato, or one which is grown the old fasioned way, from a seed that comes from another tomato, which came from another tomatoe, wich… you get the point.

Here is one article of many that can be found to verify what I am telling you.

V

Vegita: Interesting article, but I must admit that I just skimmed it. The vast majority of producers are interested in quantity, not quality.

The big “players” IMHO just see the population of the world as drones to be conditioned as consumers. If hunger was really a priority, it could be soon eradicated as there is already enough food being produced. It is about money. They can’t pay, they can’t play.

I see this Codex thing as just another step in more control for the big guys.

[quote]Austro Canuck wrote:
Vegita: Interesting article, but I must admit that I just skimmed it. The vast majority of producers are interested in quantity, not quality.

The big “players” IMHO just see the population of the world as drones to be conditioned as consumers. If hunger was really a priority, it could be soon eradicated as there is already enough food being produced. It is about money. They can’t pay, they can’t play.

I see this Codex thing as just another step in more control for the big guys.[/quote]

Exactly, which is why I try to buy produce from local sources whenever possible or grow my own. I just got into hydroponics last year and it is an amazing way to increase yields without sacrificing nutrition or flavor. If the majority of the people who lived in suburban or rural areas bought local from farm markets or from local greenhouses and farms, they would put a big hit on the big guys and the small guys would have more capital to expand thier ventures. Eventually the small guys could become too big, but that is why people should go to the place they get thier food and see how it is handled. You can go to a free range farm and buy a half or whole beef cow or a pig, or chickens, etc… they generally will cut it up into all the standard cuts all you have to do is have the freezer space and a good vaccum sealer.

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Austro Canuck wrote:

Exactly, which is why I try to buy produce from local sources whenever possible or grow my own. I just got into hydroponics last year and it is an amazing way to increase yields without sacrificing nutrition or flavor. If the majority of the people who lived in suburban or rural areas bought local from farm markets or from local greenhouses and farms, they would put a big hit on the big guys and the small guys would have more capital to expand thier ventures. Eventually the small guys could become too big, but that is why people should go to the place they get thier food and see how it is handled. You can go to a free range farm and buy a half or whole beef cow or a pig, or chickens, etc… they generally will cut it up into all the standard cuts all you have to do is have the freezer space and a good vaccum sealer.

V[/quote]

how much does a whole or half beef cow run you?

ive got a good farmers market by my house, but finding somewhere within the city to get or order a whole cow, well ive looked and never found. though ive been lazy and never gone calling out the rural areas looking for a meat supplier.

know of a website that lists indy meat suppliers perhaps?

If hunger was really a priority, it could be soon eradicated as there is already enough food being produced. It is about money. They can’t pay, they can’t play.
[/quote]

This is not entireley true. The biggest problem for some areas is the food we donate. It absolutly kills any hope of a local economy for food production. How can you sell food well meaning countries dump on you for free every now and again. Various leaders have actually begged us to stop donating so much food. Unfortunalty, we have to do something with the mass amounts we buy up as a part of subsidising domestic producers. So we dump it on the world market for less that what we paid for it or give it away. Foreign producers or would be producers really love us for this.

It’s the old teach a man to fish analogy.

[quote]PB-Crawl wrote:
Vegita wrote:
Austro Canuck wrote:

V

ive got a good farmers market by my house, but finding somewhere within the city to get or order a whole cow, well ive looked and never found. though ive been lazy and never gone calling out the rural areas looking for a meat supplier.

know of a website that lists indy meat suppliers perhaps? [/quote]

As a matter of fact I DO!!! LOL this one is pretty good, might not have every small organic farm but it does have a LOT of them, sureley there are several in your region, even if you have to drive 30-60 minutes I’d say it’s worth it for larger purchases.

http://www.localharvest.org/

V

[quote]PB-Crawl wrote:
Vegita wrote:
Austro Canuck wrote:

V

know of a website that lists indy meat suppliers perhaps? [/quote]

I have bought a whole pig for $300 bucks, turned out to around $1.20 per pound considering the different cuts you get it’s pretty cheap.

A half a cow is about $450 depending on local demand, again, the price hovers around $1 to $2 per pound. When you consider all the nice cuts you get besides all the cheaper cuts, Getting Filet and T-Bones for $2 bucks a pund is an amazingly good deal. Not to mention it is grass fed and local so you can go see the specific cow you are going to eat basically anytime you want to. I wouldn’t reccomend getting too attached though.

V

Jab1 wrote:

If you believe this article I worry about your critical thinking abilities.

Jab1: Nothing like keeping an open mind, right? I agree that critical thinking is very important, but an open mind is of equal value. To brand homeopathic remedies as “unadulterated bullshit” is a bit radical. Many are bullshit. All? I think not. But each of us have a right to our opinions. But I ask you to check the internet out about Codex, and if it is all just Chicken Little screaming that the sky if falling, then so be it. [/quote]

An open mind is one thing. You don’t want it so open your brains fall out.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Austro Canuck wrote:
If hunger was really a priority, it could be soon eradicated as there is already enough food being produced. It is about money. They can’t pay, they can’t play.

This is not entireley true. The biggest problem for some areas is the food we donate. It absolutly kills any hope of a local economy for food production. How can you sell food well meaning countries dump on you for free every now and again. Various leaders have actually begged us to stop donating so much food. Unfortunalty, we have to do something with the mass amounts we buy up as a part of subsidising domestic producers. So we dump it on the world market for less that what we paid for it or give it away. Foreign producers or would be producers really love us for this.

It’s the old teach a man to fish analogy.[/quote]

There is of course also the EU which first subsidizes farms and then subsidizes food again to dump in on the World market.

That would be bad news for the North African food industry…

… if there still was one.

[quote]orion wrote:

There is of course also the EU which first subsidizes farms and then subsidizes food again to dump in on the World market.

That would be bad news for the North African food industry…

… if there still was one.[/quote]

I did not know that you guys were doing this as well. double whammy.