Nutritional Intake

So i’ve spent some time making a meal plan for myself, i’ve been training for about a year, maybe a little more and i’ve gone from 152lbs to 187 (5’10-5’11)… im looking to maintain this weight for now and boost muscle gain. For my plan i’ve come up with clean foods like eggs steak chicken tuna yams veggies etc… the breakdown is like this:

Cal: 3419.2
Protein: 297.3g
Carbs: 340.3g
Fats: 68.9g

Is this appropriate for my size? Is the Cal:Pro:Carb ratio good? my bf% is most likely around 14%

thx

It’s too low in fat IMO for a non-steroid user: only 18% calories from fat.

Testosterone production drops as fat intake drops below 30% of calories.

There is too much individual variation for an outside person to be able to say, particularly as you carry your precision to the tenth of a calorie, whether this is the correct amount of calories for your at-cross-purposes goals.

(Why at cross-purposes? Because you want to maintain weight while gaining muscle, which means losing fat while gaining muscle, which are largely opposing goals in terms of being accomplished simultaneously instead of in separate stages.)

so for breakfast should i throw in some bacon and whatnot to boost the fat percentage?

It means you want more fish oil, nuts, olive oil, and avocados throughout the day … except post workout.

Did I mention lots of eggs…whole eggs!

[quote]deezel90 wrote:
so for breakfast should i throw in some bacon and whatnot to boost the fat percentage?[/quote]

or take a shot of olive oil. Or eat whole eggs. Take fish oil caps. Eat a handful of mixed nuts with a good protein source for a meal. Lots of options!

you want to make sure that the fats are good fats poly and monounsaturated unless of coarse there mcts everyone thinks bad when they hear fat but theres so many benefits as long as there the rights ones.

Protein seems right you could definately up the carbs just make sure that its all seperated into at least five or six meals you want to make sure that your utilizing your nutrients.

you want to make sure that the fats are good fats poly and monounsaturated unless of coarse there mcts everyone thinks bad when they hear fat but theres so many benefits as long as there the rights ones.

Protein seems right you could definately up the carbs just make sure that its all seperated into at least five or six meals you want to make sure that your utilizing your nutrients.

yea i split up my meals so i get in 30-60g of carbs per meal… im gunna go to a bulk store tmr and buy some mixed nuts, i always eat my eggs whole, and i use olive oil to saute my veggies n stuff, is that enough?

Just like anything else man you just gotta add it up. peanut butter is another great way. its loaded with good fats also consider fish as a lean protein source high in omega3s it takes some getting used to but keep workin at it youll.

if you still think your falling short consider flax seed oil, its good for energy and is loaded with good fats.