Nutrition When Working the Midnight Shift

I need some help with my nutrition. Been working over night for about 4 years now and my schedule will not change for a long long time. I’m a dad and my job is pretty physical. I work Sunday-Wednesday 2000-0600.

Sunday- I do 5/3/1 for bench(340) including other acessory exercises Just prior to work
Monday-crossfit (save your criticism for someone else been working out since I was 15 and I like it) then hit the regular gym and murder my upper back also about an hour workout and my shift
Tue- crossfit and BJJ then arms about an arm at gym while on shift.
Wed- work from 1400-0600 that night at work is uauslly pretty active
Thur- off from work. Crossfit around 1600-1700. Then BJJ at 1830-2000ish.
Fri- BJJ 1030 no work and I do 5/3/1 for deadlift (475) plus acessory exercises
Sat-no work and BJJ at 1030.

anyone that’s been on a midnight type schedule will tell you that there are certain things about being on mid nights that the rest of the world just won’t get. Like sleep! I sleep ok during the week. As long as the kids are in school I can get a pretty decent sleep in.

This is where I need a hand. Should I just eat like a mad man as long as it’s a decent nutrient should I be eating it? I’m stuck at 18% BF Id like to get between 10-15%. Obviously I’m putting the work in but im having a hard time dialing in my food intake. ive always been in pretty good shape but the last 2 years I can’t seem to stay lean. I like cabs so I’m not apposed to them. I usually try keep my protien up as much as I can.
Let me know what you think.

I’m usually between 205 and 210. And 5’11.
Thanks in advance for the help. I’m not apposed to supplements either. I supplemets with creatine, alcar, alpha gpc, bcaa, beta alanine and regularly take protien shakes when time is an issue.

Well that solves that.

[quote]ChaosHarmonized wrote:

Well that solves that. [/quote]

I wouldn’t base my whole nutritional plan on that article. Food choices are not the most important aspect of a diet, quantity is. You can get fat eating only meat and vegetables so don’t expect to lower your body fat percentage just because you stopped eating donuts. Your training seems like a bit too much. Search up google for clean eating to get an idea of what I’m talking about.

You could still try the clean foods approach if you don’t have the time or dedication to track you intake. It works for some people because they naturally don’t eat much. Try it and see if you get results.