Nutrition Software

Hi T-Nationers,
Does anybody use a good software program to analyze their nutritional intake? I have been using a program caled LifeForm and find it lacking in detail.
Can I get a few reccomendations?
Thanks,
Tim

I’ve been using FitDay for a while now. It has just about everything you’d want from a nutrition program.

FitDay.com

I use Diet Power.

http://my.dietpower.com

It is a pretty comprehensive program. Good enough that I think a nutritionist could use it in their practice. They have a trial version for free. After the trial period, I bought it. It analyzes diet, water intake, nutrition info, calories taken in and calories used. You can graph, print and customize it to meet your needs. I think it was $40 for the full version.

There are a bunch online for free but then you have to fight through the pop up ads. And you don’t own your data.

I like Calorieking. Mostly because it has a database of most restaurants and packaged foods, makes it much easier to enter things.

The TOP dog of all these softwareas IMO tracks EVERTHING and will make meal plans has supps in it and can store more you add. tracks fitness progress etc.

Have fun,
Phill

I use FitDay and am satisfied. I haven’t tried any other program, though, so I can’t say whether it’s the best.

Try Dr. John Berardi’s Precision Nutrition. For $99.00 you will get everything you need to design and maintain and track your nutritional intake. You also get lifetime membership to the forum/message boards. You also get quesions answered by e-mail with his staff.

[quote]Phill wrote:
The TOP dog of all these softwareas IMO tracks EVERTHING and will make meal plans has supps in it and can store more you add. tracks fitness progress etc.

Have fun,
Phill[/quote]

http://nutrition-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

This review doesn’t even have that product on here, but i am skeptical of its (the review’s) merit.

All the nutritional software seems to have the same general things. It just depends on what layout you prefer I guess. The biggest thing is that it should be customizable so that you can enter your own food brands that you normally eat.

I would trust whatever phil says, however. He always posts with quality information. If he uses this software, you can bet it gets the job done.

[quote]Chickenmcnug wrote:
Phill wrote:

Have fun,
Phill

http://nutrition-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

This review doesn’t even have that product on here, but i am skeptical of its (the review’s) merit.

All the nutritional software seems to have the same general things. It just depends on what layout you prefer I guess. The biggest thing is that it should be customizable so that you can enter your own food brands that you normally eat.

I would trust whatever phil says, however. He always posts with quality information. If he uses this software, you can bet it gets the job done.

[/quote]
Yes you can add or down load any brand and make of food you want in varied serving sizes etc. man this damn thing is friggin loaded. I got not the top dog version but the pro version, it allows to use on 7 clients I think.

Like I said down loads from the various nutrition databases as they are updates. if you want say a 40/30/30, or 20/50/30 whet the heck ever diet punch that in your info, it can even giver you a weekly, monthly etc what ever diet to follow. Plus all the famous diet say atkins, south beach etc punch in your info BAM will getb you through all the stages. has recpies and you can add then has training and expenditure LOL. its nutty and a ton of fun. I havent used mine in a while as Im going the simople route right now eating clean but bulking just stress free etc but for sure will use it in the future and have and will use it with ppl I help.

Oh it track all the micor nutrients as well vitminas minerals etc you can see wher your lacking or not. crazy intense.
A great learning tool imo for those serious about nutrition just dont get to anal. LOL it can burn HOURS just playing with it LOL

Oh and thanks to damn much for the props bro.
Phill

If you have a PDA there is a program called “Pocket Diet Tracker” that kicks ass. You can create your own food lists in Excel and then upload them to the PDA.

You know, I have used a couple different programs studying nutrition in college(currently). One of the things I noticed is that I usually find the sources of vitamins and minerals I am deficient in and have to cross reference with a text to find out what I should eat to get them in(if I don’t know off the top of the head).

What I would think would be great is if the program gave recommendations of typical sources.