Hi all, I am currently recovering from surgery.
I wanted to get suggestions on ways to keep my body as stable as possible, any links/related posts would be helpful.
Summary: Got spine surgery month ago, Estimated to be on basic bedrest for 1-2 more
Age: 26 Body: Pre-op I was 195, 11 percent body fat. guessing now that im 9%, I weigh 185.
- 8 AM = Wake up
- 830 AM = 2 iu supplement for collagen synthesis. Note I am taking 2iu for healing properties. Started 21 days ago. Thoughts? I know 4 is ideal for bodybuilding, but all I want is healing+some prevention muscle loss.
- 9 AM-930 = SITTING( as long as can) Eat healthy cereal/oatmeal
- 930-12PM = *Lie down (ice back if irritated on-off)
- 12PM - 1PM = Go on 30-45 minute Walk
- Eat lunch 1 PM = Chicken + veggies or rice
- 1-5PM *Lie down (ice inflamed back)
- 4 PM Smoothie (not consistent/daily, need to work on this) = (3-4 Tablespoon healthy peanutbutter, milk, banana/strawberries, myprotein impact weight gainer weightgainer 2 scoops ) = 40g+ protein
- 5 PM - posible second shorter walk
- 530 PM - 730 PM - *Lie Down (Ice inflamed back)
- 730-745 = Dinner:SITTING (as long as I can) Chicken/Steak (medium/large size chicken breast) + Greens
- 8-11 = *Lie Down
- 11-12 AM = Try to move around house/bloodflow
- 12-7/8 AM - Sleep
Medications: NSAID, MuscRelaxer
Other: Starting basic P.T. shortly
*I get up every hour or so, and move positions for bloodflow