Nutrition Plan - The Simple Diet

I’ve figured myself a basic nutrition plan that’s based around the simple diet article. I have a bit of a tight budget and a busy schedule so this seemed the easiest way. Just wondering if you guys think it seems a good plan to help me increase my strength while gaining weight

Breakfast
Bran flakes with whole milk and chopped fruit

Lunch
Rice and tuna or chicken. Rice will be cooked with scrambled egg and small pieces of veg (peas, sweet corn)
Fruit or cereal bar

Dinner
Stew or casserole made in slow cooker containing meat, potatoes, and at least 2 other kinds of veg
Fruit and yogurt

Post workout shake made of whole milk, oats and whey on training days

I’ll have to try it for a few weeks and then add or subtract to portion sizes depending on if I’m gaining weight or not

Definitely not a bad plan. This looks close to what I consume on a regular day when I’m not bulking. This would be more of a maintenance plan in my eyes. Definitely try it out and see how your weight is fluctuating. If you are stalling I think an additional protein shake with milk or cream and banana and peanut butter would help bump those calories nicely.

Step 2 of the plan, according to the article: remove milk, wheat, and fruit juice.

First meal of your plan: wheat soaked in milk.

[quote]Paul93 wrote:
I’ve figured myself a basic nutrition plan that’s based around the simple diet article. I have a bit of a tight budget and a busy schedule so this seemed the easiest way. Just wondering if you guys think it seems a good plan to help me increase my strength while gaining weight

Breakfast
Oatmeal with whole milk and chopped fruits and nuts.

Lunch
Rice and tuna or chicken. Big ass salad (spinach, kale, etc) or big side of veggies (broccoli, cauliflower0

Dinner
Stew or casserole made in slow cooker containing meat, potatoes, and at least 2 other kinds of veg

Pre workout shake made of milk, oats (or rice cakes) and whey on training days (at least on hour prior).

Shake on hour after.

I’ll have to try it for a few weeks and then add or subtract to portion sizes depending on if I’m gaining weight or not[/quote]
Fixed

I agree, definitely would be an improvement from the OP’s posted diet.