Nutrition Plan Terminology Question

I find this idea intriguing, and it seems befitting to quote this in the context,

I don’t want to ask @EyeDentist to follow up with anything more than what he feels comfortable, and feels would be suitable, as this online trainer obviously makes at least part of their living through these means.

And certainly this is the crux of the issue. The approach that will fit you the best is highly dependent on that input variable “you”. The article will work for “some folks” and won’t for others.

That’s presumably why keto diets, fasting approaches, etcetera all have their own following.

For others, it’ll be most appealing to alternate/cycle carbs in a traditional way (high carb intake on priority training days, <100g on off-days, some on other training days). I’d envision this is a good fit for people that “worry” more about performance, i.e. people that put their training first and view their eating as something that supports their training.

For those that are more affected by their eating, i.e. by sheer virtue of not feeling as if they’ve had enough food that has a direct impact on performance and cognitive state it might be more prudent to cycle carbs by alotting 40-50% of their calories for protein and then tater-toter their fat and carb intake

Day Fat Carbs
1 40% 10%
2 30% 20%
3 20% 30%
4 40% 10%
5 30% 20%

And others can suffer through a few days of a harsh deficit if they get to refeed (Scott Abel’s cycle diet comes to mind)

From memory (if already somewhat lean),

Day Fat Carbs
1 40% 10%
2 40% 10%
3 10-20% 30-40%
4 40% 10%
5 40% 10%
6 10-20% 40-50%
1 Like