Nutrition Plan Advice - Help Please

To answer your question directly: no.

To expand further: I don’t believe an analogy is an argument in and of itself: it’s a vehicle used to understand a situation from a different perspective. I’m a big fan of analogy and metaphor.

One can argue FROM an analogy, but in this situation, that was not the intent. It was a question being asked.

I, frequently, have my questions go unanswered on these forums, and I find it frustrating. I was sympathizing with a fellow forum-patron in that regard.

Most that I have seen are extremely lacking.

Same.

You sound exactly like my wife!

No sport is complex. The absolute “geniuses” on the field or court are making 2 reads a play. I certainly would not dismiss the value of coaching for sports. Maybe it comes down to goals and expectations. If I have a scholarship on the line, someone competent is watching as many of my drills as I can possibly ask. If I’m in a middle-aged rec league, we’re just good if I take a dozen half-hearted shots before the game.

3 Likes

I just want to apologize for making it all weird up in here - that was definitely not my intention. I worked hard for my degree and I’ve got 17 years of RD experience behind me, I’ve seen a few things and tried a few more. So, I guess at the end of the day I’m a little defensive about it.

I got nuthin’ but love for y’all. I respect your opinions, your knowledge and your experience - that’s why I’ve been lurking around here for that last 6 years. Keep being awesome. That.Is.All. :heart:

7 Likes

Is in your countries legal to give out detailed diet plans by non professional (graduated) dietician?
Like with specific grams etc?

You haven’t made it weird at all. You have such amazing contributions to this forum, and holding your profession to a high standard AND being frustrated with charlatans is absolutely a delight!

My formal education is in politics: you can only imagine what goes through my head whenever I accidentally end up in the PWI subform.

3 Likes

Ditto to what @T3hPwnisher said. I don’t think you made it weird at all. We were already singing that tune, and you and @TrevorLPT helped harmonize the chorus (my 12yo son was in a musical play so obviously I’m an expert now). I think that’s very valid and important: if we don’t hear your voices, we can mistake the loud view for the correct one. That’s any topic, not just this one; I might disagree with folks, but I always want to hear from everyone as well as the background behind their opinion.

2 Likes

Yeah, as long as it’s “not medical advice”, or perhaps not advertised as medical advice.
^US laws

Then my comment doesn’t apply to you. It was a follow up to someone who asked if he’s paying you, just a bit of jest.

LOL! This cracked me up. I roll my eyes over there, so I can only imagine the pain it must be for you. And thanks so much for understanding my frustration, coming from you this means a lot.

1 Like

So, I could use some vocal lessons, how much do you charge? :rofl:

I completely agree with you on this! An email argument, uh, discussion with Robb Wolf is actually what led me to play hard in the Paleo-sphere. Something I thought was complete BS turned out being pretty damn awesome and led to my “15-minutes” of fame. If I hadn’t been challenged, I never would have given it a second look. If you aren’t open to hearing all sides - regardless of how crazy they might be or seem, well then, you belong in a Facebook group. lol

And thank you for letting me have my little hissy-fit opinion. Your respect, like @T3hPwnisher’s mean a lot to me.

2 Likes