T Nation

Nutrition Myths

So i was wondering things, for the short period i’ve been training I’ve done a lot of things, the problem is I havent kept track of what worked and what didnt.

1. Protein shake in the morning or solid breakfast?
  2. Protein shake on the onset of the workout or solid meal 1 hour before the workout?

Can’t think of anything else right now, feel free to jump in.

1. solid meal, unless you are trying to lose a lot of weight

2. both, unless you are trying to lose a lot of weight

Other than a good carb/protein drink during/immediately after the workout, stick to whole food whenever you can and add protein drinks as needed.

Just have something really sure whole food is the best (choice dependent) but if a shake is easier and you’ll get it down do it.

i have to admit one of the best changes in my routine that definitely was responsible for great changes in physique was opting for whole food whenever possible over shakes. Ofcourse i always opt for a shake post workout(hella Surge), and i usually down a gang of milk before workout.

but those are always preceding or proceeding a whole meal within an hour and a half away.

[quote]consumer wrote:
i have to admit one of the best changes in my routine that definitely was responsible for great changes in physique was opting for whole food whenever possible over shakes. Ofcourse i always opt for a shake post workout(hella Surge)
[/quote]
I agree. I have loaded shake in the morning, 4 solid meals, a very loaded shake PWO and then another solid meal within 1 hour of training and my gains have been great. Very often we over train and under eat resulting in not getting the gains we are looking for.

Try SURGE! PWO… Than your meal 1 hour later…My Surge is arriving tomorrow…Can’t wait for it to get here!