Nutrition for the Morning PL'er

I work out in the mornings. My alarm goes off at 4AM and I go to the kitchen and down a pre-workout drink consisting of 1 scoop whey protein, 12oz of black coffee, 1 tsp of creatine, and 2 tbs of turbinado sugar. At 430AM my workout begins. Since I lift in my garage in Texas, I drink my own version of an electrolyte drink which is basically Gatorade without all the sugar.

I keep the workouts limited to an hour at most. Also note that the night before a morning workout I make sure to eat a decent amount of complex carbs in order to fuel the next morningâ??s iron gauntlet.

I understand that cortisol levels are highest in the morning, and some people have mentioned using xtend aminos intra-workout. My amino supply comes from the scoop of whey. Articles that I have found regarding morning workouts are based on the context that the workout begins 2 HOURS after waking. Seriously?!

Anyway, I just want to make sure that I am going about this the right way and will also consider any sound advice to improve what I am doing. I can say what I am currently doing works as I have gotten stronger, however one can always improve.

you’re fine, mate. Don’t worry about it.