Nutrition During the Month of Ramadan (Fasting)

[quote]adam_medic wrote:
my muslim friend, you should be able to gain muscle in ramadan considering you are a rank beginner. Eat more when you can eat.
Protein powder is not expensive, it is extremely cheap! 4.54kg of unflavoured whey protein concentrate is 32 pounds. Milk protein concentrate is around 22 for unflavoured and 25 flavoured. They whey protein works out at less than 20p per scoop!

I think you’ll find protein powder is cheaper and more convenient than food.[/quote]

Adam,

Thanks a lot for informing me about availability of cheap protein powders. Would you be able to post the links to those products as well please? I have done bit of searching online without much success. I have come across the ‘Your Protein’ powder from La Muscle though (www.lamuscle.com). It comes in a big packet rather than a tub, it’s 5 kg and costs £49.99. So far I thought that was the best possible deal I came across. At the moment I have a Maximuscle Promax 908g tub and half a tub (one tub is just over 790g) whey isolate that I got from Holland and Barrat. It’s very yucky and wouldn’t dissolve in water :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks once again and if you could kindly post the links to the sites I could buy the protein powders from that would be greatly appreciated.

[quote]yeamin wrote:
adam_medic wrote:
my muslim friend, you should be able to gain muscle in ramadan considering you are a rank beginner. Eat more when you can eat.
Protein powder is not expensive, it is extremely cheap! 4.54kg of unflavoured whey protein concentrate is 32 pounds. Milk protein concentrate is around 22 for unflavoured and 25 flavoured. They whey protein works out at less than 20p per scoop!

I think you’ll find protein powder is cheaper and more convenient than food.

Adam,

Thanks a lot for informing me about availability of cheap protein powders. Would you be able to post the links to those products as well please? I have done bit of searching online without much success. I have come across the ‘Your Protein’ powder from La Muscle though (www.lamuscle.com). It comes in a big packet rather than a tub, it’s 5 kg and costs Ã?£49.99. So far I thought that was the best possible deal I came across. At the moment I have a Maximuscle Promax 908g tub and half a tub (one tub is just over 790g) whey isolate that I got from Holland and Barrat. It’s very yucky and wouldn’t dissolve in water :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks once again and if you could kindly post the links to the sites I could buy the protein powders from that would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Check out myprotein.co.uk if you’re in England. Just buy the bulk whey and casein protein and you’re all set. No need to get all fancy unless you’re pretty advanced and want to try out a protocol similar to BBB’s.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Taufiq wrote:
Just buy the bulk whey and casein protein and you’re all set. No need to get all fancy unless you’re pretty advanced and want to try out a protocol similar to BBB’s.

Now just a few weeks ago, would have agreed with you. However I feel SO much better/anabolic on the hyperaminoacidemia shots, that I no longer have any need for casein. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the casein was holding me back, based on the way my belly would balloon out in the night whilst I slept (but was apparent when I went for a pee), indicating reduced digestive ability.

So I have about 5kg of casein which I’m not interested in using. I have a whey concentrate shot before bed (with 5 fish oil caps) and that’s it. The HA shot I have upon waking reduces DOMS by about 75% and the HA shot I have PWO takes care of things on that end.

It’s weird, but I feel like on of the guys on this site who talk about “just eat and lift and everything will fall into place”. Since utilising the concepts of hyperaminoacidemia and para-workout nutrition, things do just seem to be ‘falling into place’ for me.

BBB[/quote]

Sounds interesting, and I have to admit that I’m pretty intrigued from reading the other’s and your experience on it lol. Any other of your clients reporting good results from the HA shots? Maybe I’ll order some when I get back to London next month. The main thing that’s putting me off is just the taste I guess, but heck, it’s just a couple of shots a day, can’t be worse than my cooking.

I just don’t think the OP is ready yet to experiment with this protocol though. Letting him get enough protein and being able to control his calorie intake is the priority right now I guess.

Thanks for sharing!

[quote]Taufiq wrote:
yeamin wrote:
adam_medic wrote:

I think you’ll find protein powder is cheaper and more convenient than food.

Adam,

Thanks a lot for informing me about availability of cheap protein powders. Would you be able to post the links to those products as well please? I have done bit of searching online without much success. I have come across the ‘Your Protein’ powder from La Muscle though (www.lamuscle.com). It comes in a big packet rather than a tub, it’s 5 kg and costs Ã??Ã?£49.99. So far I thought that was the best possible deal I came across. At the moment I have a Maximuscle Promax 908g tub and half a tub (one tub is just over 790g) whey isolate that I got from Holland and Barrat. It’s very yucky and wouldn’t dissolve in water :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks once again and if you could kindly post the links to the sites I could buy the protein powders from that would be greatly appreciated.

Check out myprotein.co.uk if you’re in England. Just buy the bulk whey and casein protein and you’re all set. No need to get all fancy unless you’re pretty advanced and want to try out a protocol similar to BBB’s.[/quote]

Taufiq,

Ordered some yesterday. Thanks!

Article from the Protein Sheikh (LOL) about Ramadan and workout plan.

www.suhaibwebb.com/blog/general/the-protein-sheikh-is-back-the-ramadan-nutrition-and-workout-plan-for-success-part-two-by-rehan-jalali-csn/

Hi.

I was wondering now that I am on a low calorie diet - it is very difficult to eat just about anything after fasting the whole day - what exactly I should be doing after Ramadan is over so that I don’t put on fat?

Depends on what your goal is after that. If you want to continue losing fat then by all means, continue your current macronutrient and calorie breakdown (if it’s working that is). If you want to build muscle, slowly increase you calories until you’re gaining weight consistently week by week (around 0.5kg per week is a good start).

Make sure you’re improving in the gym as well, try to increase the amount of weight you use or the amount of reps that you do every single session. If you’re increasing in weight but are not improving in the gym then you’re most likely just putting on fat.

Happy Eid to everyone!

aw mate dont eve know what ur crying about. iv been trainin for few years and lost 3kg in my first 4 days of fasting. im sure it ws down to my metabolism bein in a high gear. som1 more intellegent in this thread might care to elaborate? anyways for 2.5kg. u’l b fine. theres no way around it. u physically cnt tke th food on board. like the man says get back on ur grind and hope muscle memory isnt all hype.