T Nation

Nutrition Books

hey hoews it going,

im now very knowledge on weight training but when it comes to diet theres so much to choose from , im looking to build lean muscle while staying healthy with real world results , not sure if i would compete , but as far as books go which one would you recomend , i read new rules of lifting but the nutrition section seemed like it needed more , i am also in the process of reading Alwyn Cosgrove's program design manuel , but there is no nurtion advice. as far as book go this one really causght my eye

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0972018417/ref=pd_kar_gw_1/104-7379908-2170313?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155

i read get buff by Ian King but really no nurtion advice , i also read macrobolic nutrition by genard dente but it seemed like he was just trying to permote his company mhp. i want to be fit and live long and healthy.

Go with Precision Nutrition from Dr. John Berardi. I've had mine for about 3 weeks now. Not only is it a book but there are a couple of DVD's and CD's to help you out as well. Great material, and really easy to follow. Check it out at www.precisionnutrition.com

Chad

its very pricey , i wanna eat for life not just for my working out needs , i want it for my health for life as well

I've heard Will Brink's Muscle Building nutrition is an excellent nutrition resource.

I just wanted to chime in quickly.

Precision Nutrition is not just about eating for your "working out needs" - it's an eating program that's designed to improve health, body comp, and daily performance.

Although I have a strong following in the athletic community, that in no way means that I prioritize athletics (or aesthetics) at the expense of health.

In fact, any one of my athletes can attest to hearing me say, numerous times, that:

"It's great if my advice helps you win medals and championships - however, my real goal is to teach you how to eat well for the rest of your life, long when you've stopped competing."