T Nation

Nutrition and Training Help

So I have been following t nation for quite some time, and have been reading about every article posted, and still have some confusion for the most parts. I was an NCAA athlete and now that I am not doing as much activity I have aquired some unwanted fat. Ive changed my nutrtion to where I thought it was working but it really hasn’t been, and I feel as if my nutrtion is off then it is going to throw my training off.

Height: 6’0"
BF: 13-15%?

for a normal day of food, here is what I eat:
Wake up 6:30 - 5 eggs and a bowl of oatmeal with a banana
9:00 - some yogurt and granola
11:30-12 - 8 oz chicken and cup of rice
2-2:30 - Scoop and a half of Syntha 6 with water
4:30 - 8oz of pot roast and cup of rice
6:00 training till 7-7:30
Post workout - 2 scoops of Syntha 6
Hour after shake- 8 oz of chicken and cup of rice
Before bed- yogurt

As for my training, I have been doing Kris Gethin’s 12 week program and Im about in week 6 of that, but before that was doing a normal hypertrophy program. I work at a dealership so I am constantly walking around so I would say my activity level is moderate.

My realistic goal is to become a lean 200lb at around 10% BF. I know from experience that this isnt something that happens over night, but with my BF at the point it is, is it better to cut down to the 10% now and then go on a hypertrophy program or is this something can be controlled and burn while I still semi gain or hold what I have?

Ive been having a hard time trying to figure out the whole meal timing and the concept of insulin, but its my understanding that insulin should be kept low as possible? Any help is greatly appreciated.