Anyone have any suggestions for a 155lb 6’0" man on supplements and nutrition? I am 32 and dropped 30lbs of fat two years ago once I started training. During that time, I was able to maintain a 150lb frame, but wanted to make gains in muscle. I looked at my calories consumed and discovered I was only at 2000cal/day so I upped it to 3000/day and gained 5lbs. Does anyone think I should up the calories some more? I also take supplements. Below is a summary of my nutrition and supplements.
Nutrition, A Brief Summary:
- I do not eat any gluten products due to the fact that my son has celiac’s disease (a gluten intolerance).
- Grains that I do eat are rice, corn, and rolled oats.
- I consume meat such as pork, chicken, ham, and beef at least one to two times a day - although mostly chicken and pork. Ham only once a week and beef maybe twice a week.
- I always eat twice as much vegetables than the recommended serving size at least once a day.
- I don’t eat any processed foods unless it’s gluten free.
- Absolutely no fat free or “lite” foods since they are processed.
- I do eat dairy products.
Supplements, An Even Briefer Summary:
- Shakeology Nutrition Supplement once a day.
- Protein Supplement once/twice a day depending.
- Recovery Drink for after workout sessions (contains only small amount of creatine).
My workout sessions are almost exclusively kettlebell routines for strength and conditioning, I also get in a martial arts training session twice a week since I train in Wing Chun Gung Fu. I don’t go to the gym, I train at home and I try to train heavy. Kettlebell sessions are at least 3 times a week, sometimes 4 or 5.
So what does anyone think here? Increase calories? Any other supplement reccomendation, or am I good? Sorry for the book, but wanted to give you all a accurate picture.