Nutrition and Recovery Training Twice a Week

Hi Coach Thib,

First, I have thank you for everything you’ve put into sharing your neurotyping system. It’s been a game changer for me and has solved a lot of frustrations in the gym. It feels like I’m finally making gains after five years of lifting.

Two questions:

1. When training twice a week, what’s the best strategy for daily calories through the week? Context: I’m a 39 year-old 2B ectomorph following a Wendler two-day a week program (posted here, modification 2). I walk at least 3km a day and do some easy bodyweight and band exercises on my off days. I’ve been eating 20 calories per pound of BW on training days and 15 cal/pound on the other days. Is there a better way to break things up?

2. What’s the best way to implement using 5-HTP and glycine with that set-up? Would I take the same dose each day or use more on training days? My first order of glycine is in the mail and I just started taking 5-HTP last week before bed. The latter has made a big difference in my mood – I’ve actually been silly with my kids for the first time in years! Also, If I recall, you’ve said that 5-HTP needs B6 to start serotonin production – how much B6 to go with 300mg 5-HTP? I already supplement 500mg B6 throughout the day.

Thanks again for all the advice you give. It’s been a big help for me.