Nutrisystem - Feedback?

Has anyone tried this? I am trying to get some feedback on it.

Ballin4Christ32, NutriSystem’s big marketing push is aimed towards men … “an untapped market.”

"Pizza, burgers, pasta … eat like a man and still lose weight.

Their advertising campaign, though, may be better than the food. Check out NutriSystem Leaves a Bad Taste in Many Mouths

Is there any way you could take one day a week and do some bulk cooking for yourself? You could cook a batch of chili, pot roast, a whole turkey. You could cook your oatmeal for the week. If there are things that are interfering with your being able to diet effectively, let’s kick things around a bit.

Whatever you decide to do, though, I wish you all the best!!!

Nutrisystem doesn’t supply you with produce, just grain and meat, so you’ll still have to cook if you want a healthy diet. I think programs like that are good for people that have problems with portion control but are willing to put the effort in to making the meals complete.

A long time ago I dated a Nutrisystem model after she lost the weight.

She looked terrific.

Not that this helps you but it was good for me.

do you really want to just eat dehydrated prepackaged food? I don’t waste of money just buy a food scale and wiegh out your meals and cook in bulk

I agree. I think NutriSystem is for lazy fat people who don’t want to exercise or diet.
Why not just cut the calories by a couple hundred and put in some morning cardio and take a good fat burner? Thats a more effective approach, in my opinion. [quote]Tampa-Terry wrote:
Ballin4Christ32, NutriSystem’s big marketing push is aimed towards men … “an untapped market.”

Their advertising campaign, though, may be better than the food. Check out NutriSystem Leaves a Bad Taste in Many Mouths

Is there any way you could take one day a week and do some bulk cooking for yourself? You could cook a batch of chili, pot roast, a whole turkey. You could cook your oatmeal for the week. If there are things that are interfering with your being able to diet effectively, let’s kick things around a bit.

Whatever you decide to do, though, I wish you all the best!!![/quote]

[quote]Tampa-Terry wrote:

Whatever you decide to do, though, I wish you all the best!!![/quote]

exactly B4C. Get a 20$ slow cooker and cook up 5x7=35 meals on sunday and make your own nutrisystem but w/ veggies instead of horse poopy.

Did you ever find an oly bar??

-chris

screw cutting calories, make better choices, the nutrient partitioning effects of those better choices will make you wonder if someone is slipping performance enhancing drugs into your food.

weight loss is bullshit, whenever weight loss is used instead of fat loss, something fishy is up.

[quote]Tampa-Terry wrote:
[/quote]

“Order now and we’ll throw in 7 free breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts for free!”

makes ya wonder if it is the same high sodium foods like jenny craig and weight watchers.

buy bulk cook bulk. get a big bag/pak of boneless skinless breasts and cut em in half (fillet) then you can cook em faster and you get more portions freeze 3-4 in each ziplock and keep some in the fridge.

buy fresh or quick frozen veggies and do the same just protion everything out at the beginning.

you should only have to shop maybe 2 times a month if that. cept for supps.

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
screw cutting calories, make better choices, the nutrient partitioning effects of those better choices will make you wonder if someone is slipping performance enhancing drugs into your food.

weight loss is bullshit, whenever weight loss is used instead of fat loss, something fishy is up.[/quote]

“But I lost 8.9 pounds in one week! Uh,…I feel kinda weak.”

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
<<< screw cutting calories >>>[/quote]

In a lot of cases I really think this is good advice. For a significant percentage of people if they kept eating the number of calories they are now and just changed what they ate, spread it out over six meals a day and moved around every so often they’d be shocked at how actually simple this issue can be.

JMHO-

Nutrisystem is for people who would like to consider themselves men, but have not developed the ability to feed themselves properly.

If a person can’t feed himself- He is a male, chronologicaly an adult, but by no means a MAN.

It is a total scam. You can make healthier much better tasting food yourself. All thay do is control portions for you. If you lack will power, nothing is keeping you from eating more or grabbing an unhealthy snack later on. If you have enough will power not to cheat on Nutisystems, you have enough will power to make your own healthy meals.

It is much cheaper to do it yourself too.
Oatmeal, brown rice, chicken,turkey patties, fish, milk, broccoli, green beans, they are all dirt cheap.

I define a scam as something that promises a certain result, but actually delivers nothing. I’m pretty sure people on Nutrisystem do see results. The question is whether it is worth it or not.

I would personally go with http://www.purfoods.com/ instead. They have a low-carb plan.