T Nation

nutrional value?

The cheapest things at any store dealing with meat are the hearts, kidneys, tounges, etc of cows, lambs and so on.

Now do these here organs have any nutritional values? or hazards?

It would be interesting if they have some value cause they are so cheap its practically free.

I dont know about the value, but cow tongue makes an awesome soup. cook the whole tongue up in there (after peeling the outer tough skin off) and chop it up after its done cooking into slices. It has to be the most tender deeeeelicious meat I ever had - the very tip of the tongue being the best. My mom has served it to us since I was little so it was never a big deal to me. We unfortunately havent been able to find cow tongue in awhile :frowning:

They are fine just dont consume to much liver. Not never just keep it low. If you need a reason why just think about what the liver does, it is used to remove toxins and such from the body so what are you eating. Other than that it is very rich in nutrients.

Phill

Liver contains B vitamins. It also contain toxins since the liver is the housecleaner of the body.

Liver contains carbs and fat as well, so this would be something to take into consideration if you're eating PC and PF.

I don't know about other organ meats.

Hope this helps.

I'm not exactly sure but I read that mad cow disease comes from the brain and spine of cows and it might be stored in other organs so be careful what you eat and stay away from anything processed, like hot dogs, sausages, and patties cuz leftover animal parts get grinded up to make these.

"stay away from anything processed, like hot dogs, sausages, and patties cuz leftover animal parts get grinded up to make these."

Well there goes half the contents in my frigde/freezer.