T Nation

Nutrients/Supplements for Bone Growth

I read the clavicles do not stop growing until 25.
I would like to do everything between now (I’m 21) and then to insure they grow as much as possible. Thoughts?

[quote]spinach wrote:
I read the clavicles do not stop growing until 25.[/quote]

Highly dependent on the individual, so don’t get your hopes too high up.

No surprises: Get plenty of calories, protein, carbs, fats, fruits, and vegetables. Other than than, there’s not a whole bunch you can do to encourage bone growth. It’s something you’ve got to let happen on its own, and try not to interfere with.

Oh, and don’t let your older sister throw you over her shoulder because she thinks she knows judo. It’ll break your collarbone and even almost 20 years later, you’ll be slightly lopsided and you won’t be able to do dips because the ROM is too uncomfortable.

Um… or so I’ve heard.

HGH

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
spinach wrote:
I read the clavicles do not stop growing until 25.

Highly dependent on the individual, so don’t get your hopes too high up.

I would like to do everything between now (I’m 21) and then to insure they grow as much as possible. Thoughts?

No surprises: Get plenty of calories, protein, carbs, fats, fruits, and vegetables. Other than than, there’s not a whole bunch you can do to encourage bone growth. It’s something you’ve got to let happen on its own, and try not to interfere with.
[/quote]

Yeah my shoulders are 20 inches right now (@170 lbs), which is not so bad…its just everyone can be wider eh? Yeah guess I’ll just keep chowing down the fruits/veggies and calories.