T Nation

Nutrament Assisted Growth?

i remember taking nutrament for like a week back in the day when i first started lifting and a football buddy of mine telling me how much it helped him grow. im not an expert on nutrition so i leave it up to those of you who may be, to tell me if this stuff is ok. here are the facts.

CALORIES 362
TOTAL FAT 10 g 15%
Sat. Fat 1 g 5%
CHOLESTEROL 10 mg 3%
SODIUM 250 mg 10%
TOTAL CARBS. 52 g 17%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 47 g
Protein 16 g

to me, it seems like the perfect solution for anyone who may find it hard to add calories in a day (like myself). they’re cheap and quick to down and only 3 of them would add 1,000 calories for the day. the only thing that strikes me is the sugar. anyways i leave it up to your guys judgement.

Or you could just drink chocolate milk (probably about the same nutritionally speaking) and at least I’ve heard of chocolate milk

Well I figure 47 grams of sugar would more than strike you. That’s a bag of Skittles right there

they probably helped your friend because he was deficient in overall calories - no other reason. maybe a couple as a post workout shake in a pinch, but i think they are not the best choice for nutrition.

i used to drink em occasionally when i was a kid because i liked the taste, but whenever i see them nowadays, they cost the same if not more than a good quality protein or workout drink. but hey, plenty of people have made gains eating whatever is available and cost effective for them at teh time.

good luck in your efforts.

Switch the stats of sugar and protein and I might drink one occasionally in a pinch.