Numbness/ Tingling

I’ve been training heavy since I was twelve (1987). I cannot train any other way. I’ve passed out and thrown up on many occasions. The only problem is, I seem to periodically have nagging symptoms of body over-use. This time around it’s the inpingement of a nerve probably caused by muscle spasms and adhesions in my back and neck, and a chronically injured rotator cuff. I blame this on very frequent high-intensity pulling and pushing sessions in the gym. The tips of my fingers tingle, and my hands get needles-and-pins in the middle of the night and cause me to wake up. I know that if I stop training long enough, and get chiropractic/active release therapy it will go away, but the problem is that I’m too addicted to going balls to the wall.

I’ve been using a baseball bat to roll on the floor with, and that’s helped my chronic back spasms alot. Does anyone else know of home remedies for this type of problem?

A foam roller and/or tennis ball can help too.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=475832

The fingers thing sounds a LOT like carpaltonnel (sp) symdrome. Or a blood flow probs. I used to get the same cold hands tingle even pain. Was diagnose with it. Well lost weight took fish oils and all gone.

Just an idea.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
The fingers thing sounds a LOT like carpaltonnel (sp) symdrome. Or a blood flow probs. I used to get the same cold hands tingle even pain. Was diagnose with it. Well lost weight took fish oils and all gone.

Just an idea.

Phill[/quote]

Hey man a simple adjustment from the chiropractor fixed this same problem for me! Hope this helps.