Number of Exercises on a Split Day

So its chest day…
How many different exercises are you doing?

only had 20 minutes to workout so Dumbbell Bench dumbbell flys and pushups, then some bicep and core work.

Hmm, I don’t think I’ve ever had a pure chest day, but it would be 2 main exercises and a third just for the pump and with little regards to progression, if I were doing chest by itself…

Totally depends on the current phase. In a pure strengh phase I might be doing just one exercise: bench presses.
In a high-volume, moderate-intensity accumulation phase up to 5 exercises.
I don’t think it’s a good idea to train the same way all the time, neither for strengh athletes nor bodybuilders.

[quote]ParagonA wrote:
Totally depends on the current phase. In a pure strengh phase I might be doing just one exercise: bench presses.
In a high-volume, moderate-intensity accumulation phase up to 5 exercises.
I don’t think it’s a good idea to train the same way all the time, neither for strengh athletes nor bodybuilders.[/quote]

Why do you say you should’t train the same way all the time? I’ve heard the whole keep your body guessing but doesn’t your body work on “science” per say not keeping your muscles guessing. I advocate replacing exercised once you hit a peak though. Not saying its wrong would just like an opinion.

Read this article, its good.