T Nation

NPP vs Deca

Can someone just help me understand this really fast. (Thinking aloud here) Everyone ive talked to and what ive read has said that because of a shorter ester NPP is more potent than deca on a mg to mg basis. Now I also know that you will hold much less water on NPP (about 40-50% approx.) then deca because of the ester length.

Ive also read on these threads that ppl say tren a at say 350mgs per week would be the equivalent of 400mgs tren e, or something like that lol Everything ive seen with NPP however is at a much lower concentration than the deca I can find . Would it still be worth it to pin less Npp or Pin a higher dose of deca?

Ps I have already ran deca and i get little to no sides from it. These would be the cycles I was planning on doing given your responses. I dont really like pinning and would only be comfortable doing these amounts.

Again water retention isnt a problem and would obviously be more pronounced in cycle B. My only concern would be adding muscle tissue. Im currently sitting around 5ft 10in 220 lbs at around 13%bf.

Cycle A: Sust 875mgs per week, NPP 475.5 mgs per week,
Cycle B: Sust 875mgs per week, Deca 875 mgs per week (or slightly lower if I get sides but highly unlikely seeing as i ran 600mgs last run)

[quote]jimbopv123 wrote:

Ive also read on these threads that ppl say tren a at say 350mgs per week would be the equivalent of 400mgs tren e

[/quote]

Lol how?

if any nandrolone, use NPP

Well the phenylpropionate ester is actually a fairly heavy ester considering it’s shorter half life, so by the numbers NPP is not that much more potent then Deca.

Deca ~ 61% Nandrolone
NPP ~ 64% Nandrolone

This would bring your cycles to the following totals.

Cycle A ~ 307 mg/wk Nandrolone
Cycle B ~ 537 mg/wk Nandrolone

I don’t have any experience with these compounds, so I can’t attest to how these numbers relate to real world results.

In regards to the concentration, it’s a simple task to get Deca to hold at 250 mg/ml, but that’s almost unheard of for NPP. May be possible with EO or some exotic solvents, but it’s certainly not common.

I think the determining factors should be your cycle length and desired pinning schedule. If the cycle is going to be longer then 8 weeks and water retention isn’t an issue, then I see no reason to use NPP. Deca will allow you to pin less, and will sure as hell get the job done.

[quote]Cron391 wrote:

[quote]jimbopv123 wrote:

Ive also read on these threads that ppl say tren a at say 350mgs per week would be the equivalent of 400mgs tren e

[/quote]

Lol how?
[/quote]

that’s about right. both yield roughly 290mg of hormone

[quote]Cron391 wrote:

[quote]jimbopv123 wrote:

[/quote]

Lol how?
[/quote]

The enanthate ester is heavier, so it accounts for more of the compound weight then the acetate ester. Based soley upon this, 350 mg of Tren A would deliver the same amount of active compound as 425 mg of Tren E.

[quote]Cron391 wrote:

[quote]jimbopv123 wrote:

[/quote]

Lol how?
[/quote]

I dont really know but if I would have to get all nerdy on ya it has something to do with the weight of the ester molecule attached to the actual hormone itself. The longer the ester the heavier im guessing?? dont really know but ive heard that because of the heavier longer ester their is actually less hormone on a mg per mg basis

[quote]jimbopv123 wrote:

[quote]Cron391 wrote:

[quote]jimbopv123 wrote:

[/quote]

Lol how?
[/quote]

I dont really know but if I would have to get all nerdy on ya it has something to do with the weight of the ester molecule attached to the actual hormone itself. The longer the ester the heavier im guessing?? dont really know but ive heard that because of the heavier longer ester their is actually less hormone on a mg per mg basis[/quote]

100mg tren acetate ~83mg hormone
100mg tren enanthate ~72mg hormone

this is really elementary stuff guys…

It might just be me, but I’ve never heard of anyone running almost 1g of Deca. 875mg to me seems like a massive amount.

[quote]smalsh wrote:
It might just be me, but I’ve never heard of anyone running almost 1g of Deca. 875mg to me seems like a massive amount.[/quote]

It is a large amount. The only reason ive considered using this much is for a contest coming up in july. Of course Ill be adding in orals and diuretic along the way but these will be my main injectables until the last 4 weeks

[quote]smalsh wrote:
It might just be me, but I’ve never heard of anyone running almost 1g of Deca. 875mg to me seems like a massive amount.[/quote]

u should ready more on other steroid boards… lol