T Nation

NOxplode Wins Supp of the Year???

this confuses me a lot. could this mean that someone somewhere actually benifited from this product or did money change hands at some point.

this eludes me I’ve always been a risk taker and yea I tried NOxplode… twice… it just made me really dizzy so I gave it to my friend who loved it. I got the same kick from a rockstar but with none of the getting dizzy on squat day.

have so many people been duped into bieliving that this shit works?

or is there somthing here that we are missing maybe there is a point to using it? idk

has anyone used it with good result here?
I know its good to ask this here cause so many people hate it that if someone likes it we can assume that maybe just maybe it has some worth to it.

I’m sure there are some responders. But for the majority: People believe what they want to.

It’s the pump/veins and stimulant affect that really cons people. What people don’t understand is that any affects disappear as soon as they stop taking it, but they feel awsome for an hour after workout. The stimulant affect which is mostly caffeine will fade over time too. People are throwing there money away. If it does anything at all, the affects will be minimal at best.

Having said that, I think Biotest should release a NO product anyway that blows aways the competition and then write on it “we don;t believe in NO but for NO believers we have developed a NO product that blows every thing currenly availble away” Give the people what they want, even if it doen’t work.

Glutamine is another one, some people swear by it, although there is no evidence it works in real life for bodybuilders. The bottom line is you are paying too much for what it does.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
It’s the pump/veins and stimulant affect that really cons people. What people don’t understand is that any affects disappear as soon as they stop taking it, but they feel awsome for an hour after workout. The stimulant affect which is mostly caffeine will fade over time too. People are throwing there money away. If it does anything at all, the affects will be minimal at best.

Having said that, I think Biotest should release a NO product anyway that blows aways the competition and then write on it “we don;t believe in NO but for NO believers we have developed a NO product that blows every thing currenly availble away” Give the people what they want, even if it doen’t work.

Glutamine is another one, some people swear by it, although there is no evidence it works in real life for bodybuilders. The bottom line is you are paying too much for what it does.[/quote]

x2

It is all mental with NO Explode. However, this kid I know bought it, and couldnt take it cause it gave him bad acne, so he gave it to me. Free NO Explode, why not try it?

So Im on a fatloss diet (as most people for summer) and Im in carb restriction. NO Ex has 6g per scoop with i dont think any coming from sugar. So taking half a scoop when I have no energy to lift helps me to get some intensity and work hard in the weight room. Without it, I am sometimes wayyyy too flat.

But again, I have seen no results from it other than the pump and the feeling to lift. I think it works for people because this is what it gives them, and they are finally lifting, which gives them the results, not the product.

i disagree that it’s all mental.

i tried NOxplode in my first year or so or training. At that stage i knew nothing about nutrition, nothing about training properly, nothing about anything. Just like your average gym goer.

What people look for in a supplement, especially those who buy them based purely on hype (let’s face it these are the majority of customers), is instant results that they can ‘feel’.

NOxplode, despite being just pure sugar and caffeine, for most people, WILL give you something you can instantly FEEL. it may only be a straight caffeine buzz, but the average idiot knows no difference, and thinks they are getting pumped.

In this respect it easy to see how a product like this, with the right marketing, has been so successful. It does what it says on the tin. Now i’m not suggesting you can’t obtain the same results from a plain old espresso, i’m just saying it’s easy to see why so many people love this supp. I think the main problem elitists and nutrition/buffs have with it, is that they can see through the hype and forget to account for the fact the average idiot knows nothing.

It gave me energy…and the shits…

If I eat properly I have energy and NO shits.
Eating properly works best for me.

Friends of mine swear by it though…
I think Darraghoconaill(wtf?!) is spot on with his assessment. People don’t know any better and they “feel” it. So, if they get into the gym and lift heavy because of it, good for them.

There’s a difference between actual muscle gains over time, and ‘perceived’ benefits/gains in the gym. Every young kid who asks me about creatine, I explain that while it will create more water in the muscles, which is actually a more anabolic environment, the real benefit of the supplement is ATP production, which will essentially allow them to train more harder, and give them the OPPORTUNITY to stimulate more muscle growth.

Once I tel them that the “10 lbs a week” they’ll gain is just water and it will dissipate, they don’t want to hear me. I think creatine is great supplement, but never over protein powder or fish oils. All the NO products are a load of similar bunk. I’ll admit I tried one, and while I did get somewhat of a nice pump, I don’t believe it contributed to any extra muscle growth over the duration I spent my money on it. To me, that’s considered a waste. Most of the consumers in the supplement market are young kids and newbies though, and there’s the explanation.

S

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
It’s the pump/veins and stimulant affect that really cons people. What people don’t understand is that any affects disappear as soon as they stop taking it, but they feel awsome for an hour after workout. The stimulant affect which is mostly caffeine will fade over time too. People are throwing there money away. If it does anything at all, the affects will be minimal at best.

Having said that, I think Biotest should release a NO product anyway that blows aways the competition and then write on it “we don;t believe in NO but for NO believers we have developed a NO product that blows every thing currenly availble away” Give the people what they want, even if it doen’t work.

Glutamine is another one, some people swear by it, although there is no evidence it works in real life for bodybuilders. The bottom line is you are paying too much for what it does.[/quote]

well imo surge workout fuel is similar to NO xplode in the sense it gives you energy and thus a pump. however SWF is far better and cheaper so in a way Biotest already did this… I think people worry way to much about these things… just go to the gym push yourself to the brink and go home and eat… it may be a very basic philosiphy but it has taken me from 150lb to 200lb in about 3 years… and thats progress Im ok with.

Any information on NO products and muscle tares?

About a week before I tore my pec I started grabbing a packet of 2 extreme NO pills with my pre workout Mountain Dew. I got a little hyped from them, more so then just caffeine. Previously I had been buying ephedrine pre workout, but you have to sign for it, it’s expensive, and you have to take a week or so off every couple of weeks…I subbed in the NO shit figuring what the hell. I didn’t think the pump was much greater, but I got a little light headed at times. Any chance this product was related to my injury, or is it mostly caffeine and placebo?

[quote]GDI Inc wrote:
Any information on NO products and muscle tares?

About a week before I tore my pec I started grabbing a packet of 2 extreme NO pills with my pre workout Mountain Dew. I got a little hyped from them, more so then just caffeine. Previously I had been buying ephedrine pre workout, but you have to sign for it, it’s expensive, and you have to take a week or so off every couple of weeks…I subbed in the NO shit figuring what the hell. I didn’t think the pump was much greater, but I got a little light headed at times. Any chance this product was related to my injury, or is it mostly caffeine and placebo? [/quote]

it gave me the same light headed feeling… altho nothing tore probably because I stopped squating after the light headedness kicked in…I didnt think it was smart to workout in that state.

Noxplode sales rake in an assload of money, even though it’s effectiveness is questionable at best. Sounds like a winner to me.

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:

well imo Surge Workout Fuel is similar to NO xplode in the sense it gives you energy and thus a pump. [/quote]

In different ways. NO gives you a stimulant via caffiene. SWF gives you a nice steady release of energy.

SWF IMO is best used by experienced lifters who train intensely enough to know if it works. I have a handful of friends who have taken it, the beginners say they didn’t notice much, the experienced ones all agreed it’s the best supplement since whey. No surprise there then.

No light headed feeling the day I got injured. I only got light headed twice, once at the end of the workout first time I used it, and after the workout the day I tore my pec.

When top record sales are filled with Ashley Simpsons why is NO-Xplode being the top supplement a surprise?

You have to wonder how much BSN paid the people who came out with ratings. It’s probably bb.com haha

NoXplode is great, I take it for the stimulant effect and yes the extra pump.

Buying a bottle of NoXplode is cheaper than buying a redbull before every workout and for me, produce the same stimulant effect, but I feel much better on NoXplode.

I take massive shits on NO though, which I don’t like lol.

I remember a young man of 208lbs that got suckered into buying his first mass stack for a staggering 120 bucks. What a fucking rip. Like everyone has mentioned the stimulant effect wears off and the user has to graduate to 2-4 scoops to get the same effect. Even when they clearly state you will die if you do so. Its all hype.

The Coleman like vascularity that is almost promised is a mere myth. Fuck, I get a narly pump from eating apple sauce pre-workout. I should market my own brand apple sauce and sell it for 300% more. Its the supp of the year because it still sells no matter if a select few find it to be trash. I’ve seen more tubs of NO Xplode walk out of my local supplement store than whey protein.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
NoXplode is great, I take it for the stimulant effect and yes the extra pump.

Buying a bottle of NoXplode is cheaper than buying a redbull before every workout and for me, produce the same stimulant effect, but I feel much better on NoXplode.

I take massive shits on NO though, which I don’t like lol.[/quote]

Dood, at Redbull is rated at 120mg of caffeine per can. You can top 300mg with NO Xplode. I hear you on the explosive shits. Its like drano on me.

when i read Cressey’s maximum strength section on supps, he said that the natural arginine levels far exceed anything you can take in supplemental form without causing GI distress.

and further, if neither the toilet or the lack of scientific support is enough to keep your wallet closed, then the fact that it has been shown to mute the growth hormone response to resistance training - actually limiting mass and strength - should do it.

for some personality types a boost going into the gym is a plus but nobody benefits from blunting GH

I tried No-Xplode. They say you’re supposed to get increased, training energy, motivation and intensity, mental alertness and focus,
muscle fullness, vascularity and pumps.

I didn’t experience any of that except for the pumps. The pumps lasted 15 minutes. I also tried Nitrix. Pumps lasted about 2 hours with Nitrix. Not all day, but good enough.

One good side effect though was I got ripped. I didn’t plan on getting ripped. While taking No-xplode I increased my calorie intake hoping to gain mass and weight. Instead, I stayed the same weight, and my bodyfat decreased. So it wasn’t useless.

But that’s just my experience.