T Nation

Now That's a Step Too Far! (Fishing)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PONDSKATER-POND-SKATER-ORCA-CARP-BAIT-BOAT-BAITBOAT-NEW_W0QQitemZ160219103362QQihZ006QQcategoryZ112955QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I stumbled across this on Ebay, I used to enjoy a little bit of fishing when I was younger, and I have never seen anything like this, I reackon if you used this on some fishing lakes here you would get ratjer irate old men chasing you off with pooey sticks.

Do you fish with it or is it a tackle box with a remote and battery ?

Why not just go balls out and have the thing shoot the fish with mini torpedoes?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Why not just go balls out and have the thing shoot the fish with mini torpedoes? [/quote]

Fishermen of America it’s time to unite and kill this abomination of our sport.

True, does it actually catch fish or just carry your bait? If it only carries your bait what a waste of money.

[quote]football061 wrote:
True, does it actually catch fish or just carry your bait? If it only carries your bait what a waste of money.[/quote]

I think it drops bait.
I see ‘catfish’ and ‘carp’ mentioned in the title of the ebay listing, so I imagine it is probably used to attract bottom-feeders, although, this is the first time I’ve seen a ‘bait boat’, so it may have other uses.

[quote]Rykker wrote:
football061 wrote:
True, does it actually catch fish or just carry your bait? If it only carries your bait what a waste of money.

I think it drops bait.
I see ‘catfish’ and ‘carp’ mentioned in the title of the ebay listing, so I imagine it is probably used to attract bottom-feeders, although, this is the first time I’ve seen a ‘bait boat’, so it may have other uses.[/quote]

That’s what I was thinking, but I’ve never essentially “chummed” for fresh water fish. I’m almost pretty sure in my 17 years of fresh water fishing experience I have never heard of chumming for cat fish and carp, or any fresh water fish. Hell, throw a night crawler on a hook with enough weight to keep the bait at the bottom with a 6-10 inch gap of line from bait to weights and you’ll snag big catties all day long.

I’ve chummed for catfish by using a hotdog/chicken liver slurry.

I can’t find it now but there used to be a little remote controlled boat that you could hook your line to, drive to a spot where you’d like to drop the bait and push a release button on the remote, bring the boat back and start reeling it back. I guess if you have too much money and no time to learn to cast accuratly then it’s prefect, yet another way to make people even more lazy.