T Nation

Now is a Nasty Repeat of The Past

Protesters are being beaten in the streets. A sitting president lies through his teeth while his vice president fills his pockets. Our children are dying on a far-off battlefield.

But, who’s to care?

Not the chicken hawks like the president and his president of vice, who dodged the war 40 years ago. Not the Congress, which has betrayed the people they swore to serve.

This is all so 1968-ish all we need is a political convention in Chicago where they beat the opposition to death, then claimed their votes from the graveyard.

The film footage from last weekend’s marches – particularly in L.A. where the cops in heavy armor severely beat a crowd of Hispanics who were only asking for a fair shake – was akin to the police abuses that led to Kent State in Ohio, where National Guard soldiers opened fire on a crowd of students in 1970, killing four.

Only this time, the cops were swinging batons and firing rubber bullets into crowds that included women and children. Little children.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

If a helicopter flying overhead tells a crowd to disperse, it’s a good idea to do so. I don’t give a damn if the dispersal order was in English — its America, learn to speak the language!

If they don’t disperse and proceed to throw shit at the cops, they get what they deserve.

The protestors should be rounded up and put in tent cities in the Arizona desert. That’d be enough America for the illegals.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Protesters are being beaten in the streets.[/quote]

Any beating you can walk away from in LA is a good beating, ask Rodney King.

Bush is lying? That’s like saying Clinton committed perjury. I know they can’t all leave a trail of evidence like Nixon and Clinton did, but that doesn’t mean you get to make shit up.

Yours? Mine? Everyone I know that’s serving our country almost de facto is an adult.

1.) To be fair, the dead have always been voting in Chicago and they almost always vote Democrat.

2.) I would assume the opposition to the DNC would be the Republican Party. I don’t think any Republicans were a part of the protests.

3.) How many people were killed at the '68 DNC riot again?

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
A bunch of stuff.
[/quote]

Nicely put!

Only in America do people think you can throw bottles of frozen urine at cops and walk away without a limp.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Our children are dying on a far-off battlefield.

[/quote]

Name me one American child that has died? Otherwise, drop your Michael Moore propaganda tirade.

Wonder how many of those poor hispanics were citizens? In America…protesting…America.

Meanwhile America’s sons are dying so illegal immigrants can get, “a fair shake.”

Pure dog shit!

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Only in America do people think you can throw bottles of frozen urine at cops and walk away without a limp.[/quote]

Its worse than that my friend…they come back with a rat lawyer and actually make money off of their anti-social crimes.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Protesters are being beaten in the streets. A sitting president lies through his teeth while his vice president fills his pockets. Our children are dying on a far-off battlefield.
[/quote]

Children are dying in a far off battlefield. What I don’t get is how any military EVER votes for a democrat. I’m not even a Republican myself but damn, the libs are constantly berating the military. We’re either children, or we’re too stupid to know what else to do, or we’re sadists. sigh

Listen Pete, if we’re children, then what about the children that are dying in Baghdad? I mean, the real children. Oh I suppose they don’t matter because they’re brown people right? Fuckin’ racist.

mike

[quote]PGJ wrote:
Petedacook wrote:

Name me one American child that has died? Otherwise, drop your Michael Moore propaganda tirade.
[/quote]

I’m waiting, Pete. Don’t just make a bunch of brainless accusations and then scurry away. Tell me who these children are.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
If a helicopter flying overhead tells a crowd to disperse, it’s a good idea to do so. I don’t give a damn if the dispersal order was in English — its America, learn to speak the language!

If they don’t disperse and proceed to throw shit at the cops, they get what they deserve.

The protestors should be rounded up and put in tent cities in the Arizona desert. That’d be enough America for the illegals.

[/quote]

Damn! Even your beloved FOX thought it was horrible and disgusting!

It was a peaceful rally, and according to our constitution’s Bill of Rights, that should be guaranteed to them. It isn’t, but I’m sure the founding fathers wouldn’t have approved of the merciless beatings of peaceful protesters.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
PGJ wrote:
Petedacook wrote:

I’m waiting, Pete. Don’t just make a bunch of brainless accusations and then scurry away. Tell me who these children are.

[/quote]

I’m pretty sure he meant the word “child” metaphorically, like “sons”, as in “Send Sons, Not Guns” from the WWII era.

Glad I could clear that up for you!

[quote]PGJ wrote:
PGJ wrote:
Petedacook wrote:

[/quote]

Cindy Sheehan’s child. Any other questions? Want me to read you a book also?

[quote]Mick28 wrote:

A sitting president lies through his teeth

Please give specifics. And be prepared to back them up.

[/quote]

Why should I be bothered with educating you.

Here, prove this was not a lie, because at this point, you show no reason for me to continue to entertain you if you think bush does not lie.

[i]

Stay the Course. During an October 22, 2006 interview on ABC?s This Week, President Bush tried to distance himself from what has been his core strategy in Iraq for the last three years. George Stephanopoulos asked about James Baker?s plan to develop a strategy for Iraq that is ?between ?stay the course? and ?cut and run.??

Bush responded, ?We?ve never been stay the course, George!? [/i]

I really do not have the time to educate people that wish to keep their eyes closed, and I will never meet face to face.

Or did you want me to fill this page up with lies? Frankly, I havent the time.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:

What I don’t get is how any military EVER votes for a democrat.
[/quote]

Here, in the richest country on Earth, some kids sadly go to school in trailers and millions have no health insurance, yet we have money for nuclear submarines and thousands of nuclear bombs. In the past over spending on the military while using fear for its defense, lead to the downfall of such empires as Athens, Rome, Spain and Russia. There is no incentive for the military’s manufactures to be cost efficient. So many projects have every bell and whistle and are designed based on what cost the most to produce and involves the most industries to build, rather than what works the best and at the best cost.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[/quote]

The language excuse is bullshit anyways. They were speaking one of the few international languages: violence. The only way for you to get clubbed is by getting close to the guy with the club.

When people 50 yards ahead of you are running away from the riot cops, you don’t get knocked on the head by leaving with them. You get hit by being a pain in the ass and either causing violence or not dispersing like you should.

Look, when I of all people am supporting the cops, then the cops are in the right. I hate cops.

mike

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:

What I don’t get is how any military EVER votes for a democrat.

Here, in the richest country on Earth, some kids sadly go to school in trailers and millions have no health insurance, yet we have money for nuclear submarines and thousands of nuclear bombs. In the past over spending on the military while using fear for its defense, lead to the downfall of such empires as Athens, Rome, Spain and Russia. There is no incentive for the military’s manufactures to be cost efficient. So many projects have every bell and whistle and are designed based on what cost the most to produce and involves the most industries to build, rather than what works the best and at the best cost.

[/quote]

What does this have to do with military folk voting for democrats?

mike

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
PGJ wrote:
PGJ wrote:
Petedacook wrote:

Cindy Sheehan’s child. Any other questions? Want me to read you a book also?

[/quote]

Cindy Sheehan’s child was a grown ass man making grown up decisions. I highly doubt the man would appreciate being denigrated and referred to as a child by a bunch of people trying to prevent his fellow soldiers from doing that which he volunteered to do.

But then “You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

I guess Spc Sheehan, like the rest of the military, is too stupid to know what is good for them. So we should have much smarter people, such as, I dunno, cooks, tell them what they should do. Right Pete?

mike

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Only in America do people think you can throw bottles of frozen urine at cops and walk away without a limp.[/quote]

I didn’t know that they did that. They should have been beaten all the harder.