T Nation

Now in College Need Help (Lost 2 Months)

Since I came to college, I've lost some strength because for 2 whole months the fitness center wasn't open and when I finally started lifting I measured my strength. I could do 225lbs. around 13 times from the previous 19 times.

So Obviously I've lost some. I'm trying to work my way back to a bodypart split routine to gain more mass, basically bulk up. But right now I'm trying to condition my muscles for that so I'm doing this upper lower split:

Day 1: 3 sets of each exercise
Bench 6-8 rep range
Incline 3 sets of 10
Seated Rows 12, 10, 8
Lat Pulldowns 12, 10, 8
Deadlifts 3 sets of 5 reps
Curls 3 sets of 10

Day 2:
Squats 3 sets of 10
Leg Press 3 sets of 10
Leg Curls 3 sets of 10
Abs

Day 3: Off

For 2 weeks experimenting I strained my biceps and was sore for a few days after working out so I cut back a little trying to work back up to where I was before.

I want to make my chest stick out more also. How do I do this. I was very strong before I lost my strength I did mostly heavy weight doing 6-8 rep range, but I can say I wasn't eating 3-4 big meals a day like I am in college; I ate what I had at home which wasn't as much. Anything wrong with my routine or any suggestions?

Squats the day immediately after deadlifts?genius

I don’t mean to be negative, but the whole thing really isn’t amazing. Someone more experienced than me will probably point you in the right direction

If you’re dead set on a body part split (I don’t like them but whatever…) try something like this.

Legs (Deadlifts OR squats today, not both in such a short time frame)
Pushing upper day (bench press, Overhead press, stuff like that)
Pull upper day (chin-ups, rows, etc).
Off.
Repeat.

Sounds like a good routine. I may do that for a couple of weeks and see how things go. Should I include curls or just rely on the secondary stimulation on pull day?