T Nation

Now Almost 54

And also I wanted to say you look about right, very healthy, its keeping you young and you do not look weird (pardon me for those whose goal is to be freaky big, thats fine if thats their goal) But you have a natural look of someone just in really good shape. Dont think you need to be any bigger or more cut or anything else, I a sure you also want a life, thats how I look at it. I do legs twice a week and upper body twice a week 45 minutes at a time, watch my diet (so important) and manage to have a life.

And it will keep you young and healthy bud,I have been Hiv poz for close to 20 years and have had no problems, great health just like anyone else. I am on the meds and thats part of it, but the working out keeps me happy and young and boosts the immune system… You should be very proud of yourself, I hope to be and look just about like you when I am another 10 years older…

Thanks for the comments- I guess that “good for your age” is OK! I would like to get bigger, and some muscles are- such as my traps. Any improvement on the rest is pretty slow,if at all.

I do feel, though, that these photos aren’t very good- they lost a lot of contrast when I uploaded them. I’ll attach a higher- contrast photo of my back, and see if it looks any better!
Paul

You probably just need some better lighting, the flash will wash out the shadows on the muscles, it would be better if you could basically light from above, with at the most a little fill flash, or none at all.

Like outside with the Sun above you, not totally directly above you that would be kinda harsh, but if you had a fill flash that would make up for it. It would fill in the extreme shadows just enough, but the bright overhead lighting would really show off the muscle.

And bud, you look more than good for your age, Think about it, most guys in the U.S are not as in good shape as you are, this is one fat out of shape nation…

You have a very good physique, but please… no more thongs.

[quote]roscoedog wrote:
Buddy you look great and it will only improve your life and life span. Wondering if you might add a little more protein and cut a little more carbs,and do you take Creatine? Thats been incredible for me.[/quote]

dude your avatar bugs me

OP:
On the other hand You’re doing great man. Keep it up.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
You have a very good physique, but please… no more thongs.[/quote]

I’ll second that motion…no more ordering from international male

the “thong” is my posing suit from my last few comps! I don’t exactly wear it any other time- it was hard enough to go on stage wearing all of 2 square inches of material, but you have to push your limits sometimes.
Paul

[quote]middlleagedguy wrote:
the “thong” is my posing suit from my last few comps![/quote]

How’d you do in said comps?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
middlleagedguy wrote:
the “thong” is my posing suit from my last few comps!

How’d you do in said comps?[/quote]

I last competed in Tucson in 2007- I came in 2nd in the Grandmasters over 50 group, and also 2nd in the Men’s Open Tall. I didn’t compete this year due to schedule conflicts. I might compete later this summer in Phoenix.

Paul

What is your training schedule and routine? Nice pipes in the avatar…

[quote]middlleagedguy wrote:
I last competed in Tucson in 2007- I came in 2nd in the Grandmasters over 50 group, and also 2nd in the Men’s Open Tall. I didn’t compete this year due to schedule conflicts. I might compete later this summer in Phoenix.
Paul[/quote]

Not entirely surprising you did well. I’d wish you the best of luck for the upcoming comp, but I somehow don’t think you’d need it.

I didn’t know you competed. What’s that like? Great job on taking second.

competing was fun- everyone there was friendly and helpful. It was a little scary going on stage, but with the lights you can’t really see the audience much. Everybody needs a challenge!
Paul

some more recent photos. Some improvement?

here’s another one.

I see improvement in the chest.
You have a very good upper body, particularly for your age - and a good level of leanness.

To be honest, wheels are terrible in comparison to your upper body. you obviously compete - why not make leg training a priority on your next mass gaining phase. Leg pressing, timed bodyweight squats for volume can quickly give some shape to your quads.

Finally, PLEASE invest in a good pair of DARK shorts or use the old-fashioned posing trunks for your next posedown lol. You’re creeping me out with your latest pic.

9/10 from me.

lookin good

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
roscoedog wrote:
Buddy you look great and it will only improve your life and life span. Wondering if you might add a little more protein and cut a little more carbs,and do you take Creatine? Thats been incredible for me.

dude your avatar bugs me
[/quote]

x2

change that shit immediately.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
roscoedog wrote:
Buddy you look great and it will only improve your life and life span. Wondering if you might add a little more protein and cut a little more carbs,and do you take Creatine? Thats been incredible for me.

dude your avatar bugs me

x2

change that shit immediately.[/quote]

your avatar ain’t no hallmark card either

[quote]slimthugger wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
roscoedog wrote:
Buddy you look great and it will only improve your life and life span. Wondering if you might add a little more protein and cut a little more carbs,and do you take Creatine? Thats been incredible for me.

dude your avatar bugs me

x2

change that shit immediately.

your avatar ain’t no hallmark card either[/quote]

you’re just generally retarded