Now Almost 54

I’ll be 54 next month (yikes!), and it’s been 2 years since I posted some photos here-as “52 year old rate my physique”. I decided to take some new photos and post them. I have been eating more and trying to bulk some, so I am not in the leanest condition. Any improvement? Any suggestions?
Paul

Paul man I got to give you some serious props on your conditioning, you look better than most dudes half your age. I am curious about what your routines are like and what specifically you do. Bulking wise I swear by the deadlifts, snatches/cleans, overhead/front squats, etc.

How often do you eat? Whats the diet like? Supplementation? Specific goals besides bulk?

I seriously gotta get my dad to check some of this out…

How old are you in your avatar? I think you look better in that particular photo.

I think you look fantastic for your age.I haven’t seen your previous pictures so I can’t honestly comment on progress, but I have to agree with LankyMofo as to where your avatar picture looks stronger. It could just be the pose though.

here are some more photos- I’ve been trying to upload them, but my computer keeps timing out.
Paul

another photo

side chest

side triceps

most muscular

abs and quads

these photos lose a lot of contrast when I post them. I think the avatar photo has more contrasting lighting, so it looks better. I am currently doing an HIT-type routine, which I find works well, but only for a few months. Then I will switch to a higher volume program. Nothing seems to work for more than 4-5 months, then it’s time to change
!
Paul

Looking very good for a natural at your age. Legs need work. Upper chest could use improvement (most natties lose muscle there as they grow older, prob due to the absence of heavy benching)
Do you use the hammer strength machines? They can be invaluable with helping you load your muscles without ripping our joints.
Oh and 10 (age, etc included)

As an older guy as well (starting to feel it anyway) I appreciate the work you must be doing. I hope I’m holding up as well in another 15 years.

Looks like you could work on shoulders a bit more to improve the look. I’ve recently been doing snatchs and push presses (5x6’s). They seem to be helping my shoulder development.

Keep up the good work!

[quote]UkpairehMombooto wrote:
Looking very good for a natural at your age.[/quote]

For a natural, yes. Sylvester Stallone is 60+, and looks insane. When are the long term effects of juicing going to happen? Maybe they won’t. Maybe steroids are good for you and don’t have lasting effects.

(or maybe I’m just unaware of Stallone’s personal life)

That is very impressive good sir. I hope I’ll look like that at that age.

[quote]UkpairehMombooto wrote:
Looking very good for a natural at your age. Legs need work. Upper chest could use improvement (most natties lose muscle there as they grow older, prob due to the absence of heavy benching)
Do you use the hammer strength machines? They can be invaluable with helping you load your muscles without ripping our joints.
Oh and 10 (age, etc included)[/quote]

My upper chest has always been one of my weak points- not for lack of trying! I have used dumbells, and the Hammer Strength machines, as well as a bunch of other exercises. I do think there is some improvement, but it’s slow!
Paul

[quote]Stiltz wrote:
As an older guy as well (starting to feel it anyway) I appreciate the work you must be doing. I hope I’m holding up as well in another 15 years.

Looks like you could work on shoulders a bit more to improve the look. I’ve recently been doing snatchs and push presses (5x6’s). They seem to be helping my shoulder development.

Keep up the good work![/quote]

I always thought my shoulders were one of my stronger points! Oh well!
Paul

Buddy you look great and it will only improve your life and life span. Wondering if you might add a little more protein and cut a little more carbs,and do you take Creatine? Thats been incredible for me.

Good job! That’s how someone your age should look. It’s a shame that fat bellies are the norm and you’re the exception.