Nothing Works: Ideas Please

teedog, you sound like a beginner to me. Your “knowledge” of what you’re talking about is not very good or accurate. And your lifting routine is freaking awful. Why all isolation moves and only one compound (flat bench)? You need to study up on the articles here, because it seems a lot of your info is outdated.

[quote]OneEye wrote:
teedog, you sound like a beginner to me. Your “knowledge” of what you’re talking about is not very good or accurate. And your lifting routine is freaking awful. Why all isolation moves and only one compound (flat bench)? You need to study up on the articles here, because it seems a lot of your info is outdated.[/quote]

OneEye, pulldowns and seated rows are compound. If the flat bench is compound, so is the decline. That is a total of four of seven. That’s if you don’t count the incline fly as a bent arm fly, in which case it’s five of seven. Please notice the second Tabata: a squat curl: very compound. I alternate between that and “thruster”: squat and shoulder press.

Other than that, I have tried to be specific. If you have criticism about anything else, please be specific.
What’s “so freakin’ awful” and what is outdated? The only difference is my limiting calories and reduced protein. High protein diets were a fad back in the late 19th century. Not that I am dating myself. Further, if you look at the recommended nutrition for elite athletes (not that I am one anymore) they all say pretty much the same thing: High (good) carbs, low protein and low fat. Also, what is so bad about lots of fruit, veggies and whole grain? Throw in some salmon and chicken with fish oil, and I don’t see much of an issue, other than calorie reduction.

As for studying up on the articles here, let’s try and maintain some critical thought and not blindly follow (and swallow) everything that is written here. I am sure the author’s will agree: of the entire body of knowledge available, both discovered and not, we have only scratched the surface. There is some good stuff that I have benefitted from and other things that I will, quite frankly, ignore. I appreciate some of the specific advice given in the earlier posts and would appreciate your insight as well.

Tyler

Do whatever works for you and that is all. As long as you are eating healthy choices, experiment away. If it don’t work, try something else.

“jmbundy” started this thread. He has disappeared and it seems he has morphed into “teedog”. What’s going on here??? Is this thread bogus???

The tabata method does not burn more fat than low intensity cardio. Excess
Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption (EPOC)
and total fat consumption over the next 24 hrs. is greater than low intensity cardio. The research was done by Tremblay, et al. at Laval University in Quebec. Tabata followed.

TNT

[quote]TNT-CDN wrote:
“jmbundy” started this thread. He has disappeared and it seems he has morphed into “teedog”. What’s going on here??? Is this thread bogus???

The tabata method does not burn more fat than low intensity cardio. Excess
Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption (EPOC)
and total fat consumption over the next 24 hrs. is greater than low intensity cardio. The research was done by Tremblay, et al. at Laval University in Quebec. Tabata followed.

TNT[/quote]

About four posts ago, I apologized if this seems like a “hijack”.

I am not tracking with the next paragraph, however. I do agree that Dr. Tremblay did his study in 94 and Tabata did his in 96. If you look at the studies, they use different protocols. In the one sentence, you state, “The tabata method does not burn more fat than low intensity cardio.” In the next, you state, “…total fat consumption over the next 24 hrs. is greater than low intensity cardio.” So you are saying that High Intensity Interval Training does burn more fat, or not? Please clarify.

Another important statement made by both Tremblay and Tabata: “High-intensity exercise cannot be prescribed for individuals at risk for health problems or for obese people who are not used to exercise.”

I am going to begin a new thread in “nutrition and supplement” and leave this one alone, although I will be checking for any responses.

Tyler