Nothing Under My Skin But Light

Ok powerlifting peeps! Here’s my meet report.
Opened with a nice low 55 kg/115 lb squat so I can save energy for the bench I want to achieve.
Uhoh, wtf this feels heavy! That caused me to miss depth. No white lights. Now, I’m all nervous and shaky. I put in 55 kg again and make the lift (2nd attempt) Add 5 for 60 kg and 121. It’s disappointing but I’m here for the bench. Just as I’m heading up for the lift (3rd attempt) someone mentions that’s actually 132. DOH! No wonder 55 felt heavy… I make the 132.

On to bench. First attempt is 42.5 kg/ 93.5 lb and I’m warming up with 95 lbs. It goes up good. All white lights. 45kg/99lbs is on the bar for the second attempt. I make it! All white lights. Kpsnap has video’d and gives me a hug. I have broken her CO Master’s 1b 52 kg F record. :slight_smile: Attempt 3 at 104.5 doesn’t go. Made it about a third of the way up then the spotters took it.

I feel complete, but oh no, I still have to deadlift. I remember I love to deadlift and I warm up at 185 lbs.
Attempt 1 goes up easy at 85kg/187 lbs. I figure why be cautious and put in for 95 kg/209 lbs. My 1 RM in the gym is 210 and my meet PR is 203.5.

Yeah baby, attempt 2 is good! I see little zingy lights shooting around in front of my eyes but it’s all good.

Attempt 3, why not try for a 2x BW PR?? I put in 100kg/220 lbs, gather all my mojo and break that sucker off the floor. It’s about 4 inches from lockout and I CAN’T LOCK IT OUT. No lift.

Squat/Bench/Dead/Total 60/45/95/200 kg. (132/99/209/440 lbs).

Great work, Arachne! So the socks helped?

Congratz on the record and PRs!

Sorry I didn’t show up…

Awesome Job! That sounds like you had a great meet.

Sounds like it was a great meet for you.

Congrats on the new record! Nice pic, hope you are posting some vids too.

I love that you went for broke. I love that you did better than the last time, and that it sounds like you had FUN. Total win!

Congratulations!

Arachne will have video to share if she so chooses. I’m just having a bit of technical difficulty on my end . . .

Congrats on the record. Nice job!

Here she is!

And the attempt at 104.5

Congrats on the great meet results!

Thanks to all of you for the good wishes! My next goal is to nail that 2x bw deadlift and focus on bringing my squat up.

Snap, thanks so much for the video. My thoughts: 1. Good lord, I’m skinny. 2. I see I’m still weaker with the right arm. 3. I thought I got that 104 a bit higher than I did. I think I should keep working the back assistance.

[quote]arachne12 wrote:
Snap, thanks so much for the video. My thoughts: 1. Good lord, I’m skinny.
[/quote]
Glad to help in any way.

I thought you looked really lean in the video, too. But then I remember we’re essentially the same size. When you see the perspective of being on the platform, you realize how tiny we really are.

And I gotta say that you do a great job of rowing the bar down and building tension in your back. Hmm. Wonder where you heard to do that? You can get that 104 easy with a little more training.

Damn fine lifting.

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
Damn fine lifting.[/quote]

yep - great job, SpiderWoman~

Thanks Edgy and Joe!

Yep, snap, I think about you every time I row the bar down and coil my core like a spring. :slight_smile: It really showed in this video.

Welcome In. Great vids, great lifting, great goals.

FANTASTIC!!! :D!!!

OH!!!You did awesome!! :slight_smile: Congrats on your meet!!

Came back in for the vids!

Thats my sticking point too, well probably a lot of peoples.

Great goals, congrats on the bench again.

thanks for coming by Led, Brute, Up! Brute, I was sad not to see you at the meet.

Catching up on my logging…

LIFTING STUFF
Since the meet, I’ve been trying to redesign my program to emphasize my squat. It lags substantially behind especially my deadlift. I read up on some Westside and I think I have some of the principles: ME vs DE, but I have not incorporated many of the variations in grip and lifting style.

Monday I messed around with box squatting. I don’t have a proper gym.

Tuesday was militaries.
I did a lot of jumping squats to and from a bench in between sets. I also kicked my kickbag 4x10 in the evening.
Military 3x45, 50, 55 1x60, 62.5,67.5, 70, 72.5 < I was disappointed to max out here, as 75 is my 1RM.
Towel grip pullups 3x3
Light bench
standard grip 1x45
wide grip 1x5 55 2x5 65
close grip 2x5 65
Pallof 2x5 50

Wednesday Squat again
Good mornings 3x10 45
Seated good mornings 3x10 45
Lunges 2x10 20s 1x10 25s
Good girls/bad girls (cable) 2x10 20
Kickbacks (cable) 1x10 40
I tried out some hacksquats using the smith machine. It sucked.

CARDIO/MOOD STUFF
A good hike on Sunday (4 miles) with kids made me happy, but didn’t give me much exercise.
Monday I lamely ran 15 minutes at 4.5 mph at 1% on the treadmill
Wednesday I went to 20 minutes under the same conditions. I drank one glass of wine last night and this morning music sounded beautiful to me.
I am maintaining not-depressed but I haven’t had many moments of exhilaration or pure joy in a few weeks. I keep planning to go to kickboxing at 6 am and I keep missing it. I found this article today to be fascinating and relevant to my research or cardio/mood/health.

cardio stuff update
Treadmill 1 mile 12:16 minutes at 1% incline. Mixing speed and incline keeps me from slitting my wrists during ss cardio. Kidding: Nadia and Kimba. As long as I keep a mantra going, I’m fine. It all depends on my pace.

“I’m 48 and I’m pushing back the clock”
“Nothing under my skin but light”
“xx more minutes for my long term health”
“I am a blackbelt, I am a blackbelt”