Nothing Under My Skin But Light

Welcome to the forum, what fed do you lift in?

Welcome, so glad to have more women in here, i swore i already welcomed you…

Definitely 10# for the leg flare!

That bench state record is yours for sure. Best of luck at the meet.

snap, you’ll be there, right??
Up, thanks for the welcome.
Joe, insofar as APL meets are the only ones I’ve seen around here, I am APL. :slight_smile:

3/22
Lifting
SQuat
2x45, 65, 85, 95
5x2 115 This is still lighter than I should be working, but I was glad I did it so I could work on keeping everything tight. There were some reps that were all loose.

Accessories
Lunges 10x45
One leg extensions (machine) 8x65

My lower back did not feel ready for light deadlifts today, because I have not been taking any days off, so I skipped it.

Cardio
None. This is dangerous. Also I feel kind of soft in the middle.
Nothing but light, my friends, nothing but light.

LOVE the socks. Those will definitely add a few pounds to your pulls!

Get on that cardio train.

Thanks Kimba, I got it done!

Cardio/mood
Treadmill 1% incline rather than the usual 0.5% at 4 mph 20 min + 5 min cool down. Insufficient sweating. This was too easy. Single track mountain biking tomorrow.
It’s a beautiful day. Mood very good. I am grateful to be 48 and able to wear short shorts in public on the first warm day.

Thank god for lifting.

for SURE the socks will!

How soon til the meet? I’m sure you mentioned it somewhere…

Lula! Hey darlin. Meet is Saturday, the 31st. Weirdly, I am now feeling nervous.

Cardio/mood stuffs
5.6 miles mountain bike on single track on the CO trail. My god, it was fantastic. I so love using my body and just moving!

Meet stuff
I think I will skip military day and do deadlift doubles tomorrow, bench doubles Tuesday and then take the week off. Still deciding on my openers.

Keep shining my friends.

Fancy socks adding to your lifts? I KNEW there was a secret everyone was keeping from me!

cavalier, the effect of cool socks is well-known for powerful women. It’s entirely possible that cool socks actually lower the testosterone of male lifters and make their lifts worse. I wouldn’t take any chances.

Cardio/mood
mood crappy, probably because I drank wine last night. My diet is also crap lately and I can’t see my abs. I feel a little stiff, but am injury-free.
Treadmill 20 min + 5 at 4.0 and 1.5% incline. This was harder than 1% and I felt a LOT better when it was over.

Lifting/meet
I’m actually feeling a little nervous about the meet. I’m seriously thinking of taking the whole week off from lifting, and just doing conditioning. For my first meet, I took 5 days off, and for the next two I only took 3 days off. I’m just not experienced enough to know what works best for me yet.

Hope you are all training well and have a fracking awesome day!

[quote]arachne12 wrote:

Lifting/meet
I’m actually feeling a little nervous about the meet. I’m seriously thinking of taking the whole week off from lifting, and just doing conditioning. For my first meet, I took 5 days off, and for the next two I only took 3 days off. I’m just not experienced enough to know what works best for me yet.

[/quote]
Personally it sounds like a good plan to me. Not lifting for a week before a Meet isn’t going to hurt you. Matter of fact it might even help. Your not going to honestly loose anything during that period.

Yay for mountain biking! Yay for 48 year old short-shorts wearing! Thank god for lifting is so right.

Good luck to you on Saturday!

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Good luck to you on Saturday![/quote]

yep - Kill it!

Love mountain biking too!

Best of luck, Ill be thinking STRONG thoughts! Have fun!!!

Good luck!

Good luck on Saturday! I know you will kick it!

Personally Metallica dose it for me. However the socks are awesome!

I’m 42 and loven to lift! Lol On vacation right now I find the gym first then the hotel! Its addicting! LOL

All you beautiful women are an inspiration! Its great to see so many of you all out there.

arachne12, welcome!

Good luck for tomorrow! Wear those socks!

2b

I’ll be thinking about you tomorrow. Looking forward to the pictures and vids!