Not Your Mom's Trap Bar (DeadSquat)

@CT:

I hope it’s OK to post this in your forum.

That DeadSquat bar is everything you have said and more.

Mine just arrived today - after continuous ramp + some SGCP clusters from blocks, I just had to try it out.

Only did singles up to 450, but that pull is so smooth that it’s amazing.

I originally thought just looking at it that the handles were too far apart; but, in reality, they are perfectly spaced. You need that much space to be able to drive knees out a bit, just like in a squat.

I’ve also noticed that if I really try to keep my arches in my feet set and spread the floor at the same time, it activates glutes so much more.

Can’t wait to try it tomorrow for Incline Tilt Bench.

I do have one question:

If I wanted to practice the DeadSquat from the floor, would it be acceptable to place a few sets before or after my pressing, almost like activation if before and extra work after?

(err, two…) Would you do regular DeadSquat lift or the launch?

Thanks again - M

1 Like

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:
@CT:

I hope it’s OK to post this in your forum.

That DeadSquat bar is everything you have said and more.

Mine just arrived today - after continuous ramp + some SGCP clusters from blocks, I just had to try it out.

Only did singles up to 450, but that pull is so smooth that it’s amazing.

I originally thought just looking at it that the handles were too far apart; but, in reality, they are perfectly spaced. You need that much space to be able to drive knees out a bit, just like in a squat.

I’ve also noticed that if I really try to keep my arches in my feet set and spread the floor at the same time, it activates glutes so much more.

Can’t wait to try it tomorrow for Incline Tilt Bench.

I do have one question:

If I wanted to practice the DeadSquat from the floor, would it be acceptable to place a few sets before or after my pressing, almost like activation if before and extra work after?

(err, two…) Would you do regular DeadSquat lift or the launch?

Thanks again - M[/quote]

Not before pressing, before your high pulls, at least the activation is specific. And these are PRACTICE sets… do not turn it into heavy lifting which will hurt your high pulls.

Do the launch style

Ha Mutsanah mine arrived today as well and your post made me even more excited for my workout.I have about 45min till my session with that beast.