T Nation

Not Wanting to be a Statistic

I have been a lurker here for years, posting every now and again. For those of you that have messaged me in the past, I just found out how to check those today!

This seemed the most logical spot to start my thread.

I am 36 years old, happily married for ten of those. We have six kids, I adopted all of them.

Have trained in the past with a partner and up until 3 years ago was in shape but not as big as I wanted to be. A groin injury kept me out of the gym for about six months, partner left for the war and I never went back until recently.

Lost all the weight, from 225 to 205 in the past four months. I will post my stats later but what I am looking for is support and direction. Too many guys my age and older are fat and out of shape and I have no wish to become one of them.

I also have never gotten the size I wanted through my training and since I train solo, I though feedback from my favorite forum could help.

Leaving on Vacation next week but before that I will post what I have been doing and what I will be doing. Along with updates from the gym.

If this is the wrong spot for this post or I have broken any rules please forgive my ignorance and educate me, don't delete me!

Flint

Welcome.

6 kids? dang... well, good for you.

Crazy huh, Three oldest (22,18,16) were Dezies when we got married, 3 youngest (8,7,5) we adopted from the state parents were/are drug addict criminals. The kids are awesome, turned out normal wild little guys. They take after us so much you cant tell they are not our Bio, kids.

congrats on making the move to get in shape. And, adopting 6 kids to give them better lives is amazing as well!

That's a very admirable thing to do adopting all those kids.

So are you mainly on a quest for size then? Does that mean you train like a bodybuilder?

I have always trained solo too and this site has really helped me since I joined. I'll make sure to check out your log.

Welcome.

Recently I have been training in attempt not to lose what muscle I do have. 2 days a week of full body exercises along with 2 to 3 days a week of cardio.

Up until October I was 225 plus, pushing a 40 plus inch waist and I am only 69" tall.

Stress, groin injury and too much beer played a huge part in my loss of everything I had gained earlier. At one time was 230, strong and huge, well comparatively speaking.

When I return from the cruise next week I will be looking for a new routine to increase size.

My eating is under control, over the last six months I have eliminated alomst all alcohol from my diet, less than 10% of what I was drinking before and this only on one maybe 2 days a week at most. And then only a few, not 18 to 20 like I was having before.

I do not eat refined foods, fried foods, sugar, or artificial sweeteners at all. I eat six times a day and separate my foods (carbs. and proteins not consumed at the same time). Also fat is frequently only consumed in the form of olive oil or fish oil.

I use the Jefit on my Droid to track my workouts and haven't figured out how to export them so for this log, upon my return, I will update it every day I lift with my new stats.

I am experienced in lifting but just not in creating routines or tweaking it for the best results. I feel like a novice who knows how to do what needs to be done, just not always the best way to do it.

Feedback is appreciated and thank for the comments so far.

As far as the kids go? I went from a lonely life travelling for a living who no one cared about whether I was home or not but my cat, to a full house with an awesome wife (who trains as well) and kids of every age. I would not trade my new life for the old for anything in the world.

Recently I have been training in attempt not to lose what muscle I do have. 2 days a week of full body exercises along with 2 to 3 days a week of cardio.

Up until October I was 225 plus, pushing a 40 plus inch waist and I am only 69" tall.

Stress, groin injury and too much beer played a huge part in my loss of everything I had gained earlier. At one time was 230, strong and huge, well comparatively speaking.

When I return from the cruise next week I will be looking for a new routine to increase size.

My eating is under control, over the last six months I have eliminated alomst all alcohol from my diet, less than 10% of what I was drinking before and this only on one maybe 2 days a week at most. And then only a few, not 18 to 20 like I was having before.

I do not eat refined foods, fried foods, sugar, or artificial sweeteners at all. I eat six times a day and separate my foods (carbs. and proteins not consumed at the same time). Also fat is frequently only consumed in the form of olive oil or fish oil.

I use the Jefit on my Droid to track my workouts and haven't figured out how to export them so for this log, upon my return, I will update it every day I lift with my new stats.

I am experienced in lifting but just not in creating routines or tweaking it for the best results. I feel like a novice who knows how to do what needs to be done, just not always the best way to do it.

Feedback is appreciated and thank for the comments so far.

As far as the kids go? I went from a lonely life travelling for a living who no one cared about whether I was home or not but my cat, to a full house with an awesome wife (who trains as well) and kids of every age. I would not trade my new life for the old for anything in the world.

Hi, Flint. Lots of nice people here, you'll love it.

Thanks man, I am looking forward to being a part of the community I have been watching for so long. LOL

Thanks man, I am looking forward to being a part of the community I have been watching for so long. LOL

I dont know why everything I post. Post's twice.

That's lovely.

You'll get lots of good training feedback here.

Welcome.

That is pretty fuggen awesome, and good man stepping up to the plate. Takes someone strong I think to do that.

Howdy, welcome aboard. As a father of 5 and basically adopted my wifes 3 kids from her previous marriage I salute you. Nothing like being a dad and explains why we have the haircuts we do.

@DJHT LOL you are very correct. The kids have been "exceptional" in their challenges since our return. Oh well all in a days work.

Worked out once on the ship as we pulled into Nassau, turned out to be the best part of that visit, we did not like Nassau except for Senor Frogs.

Been to the gym a couple of times since the return. Cardio only for an hour trying to "Detox" from the massive amount of drinks we had on the boat.

Starting back in earnest Monday and will start posting my logs. Feedback is appreciated, insults will be retaliated....LOL

Back at it. My stats are below. Questions for everyone. Need some ab work, do you think based on this routine that some ab work in the off days would delay my progress and my bulking? Have increased my food intake to 3000 plus calories a day of clean, lean food.

Feedback is appreciated. Pics will be forthcoming!

Day 1:

Exercise Name 1 RM Lifting Logs
Barbell Bench Press 234.33 135.0x10,185.0x8,185.0x6,185.0x3
Barbell Deadlift 314.66 225.0x2,295.0x2,295.0x1,245.0x2,245.0x2
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 200 80.0x10,100.0x5,150.0x10
Machine Shoulder Press 146.66 55.0x10,105.0x5,110.0x10
Barbell Biceps Curl 102 45.0x10,75.0x5,85.0x6
Cable Triceps Pushdown 88.66 40.0x10,40.0x5,70.0x8

Day 2:

Exercise Name 1 RM Lifting Logs
Barbell Squat 420 135.0x10,225.0x10,315.0x10,365.0x4,365.0x1
Barbell Bench Press 240.5 135.0x10,185.0x9,185.0x3,195.0x4
Lying Leg Curls 160 75.0x10,80.0x5,120.0x10
Romanian Deadlift 73.33 30.0x10,35.0x10,55.0x10
Standing Calf Raises 191.66 115.0x20,115.0x20,115.0x20
Barbell Shrug 399 225.0x15,295.0x10,315.0x8
Hyperextensions 191.66 body weight x 20

Rock try Google Chrome less double posts.

Will be watching this log you fit in here for sure.

So what do you do for a living?

We are not shy here we are family of real T men, work kids marriage lifting we support this country.

Welcome aboard brother...Ill be following along and truly admire what your wife and yourself have done family wise.

DJHT, I am on chrome and I don't see the double post. Weird.

@MattyXL We own PRI Cleaning a janitorial company in Florda and TX.

Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.

Its nice to talk to a bunch of like minded guys, get so sick of pussified men who whine all the time.

Yea on my phone last night this had a double post.

Where abouts in Texas is the company?