Not Using Post Workout Shakes

what if a person never drank a pwo shake after working out? would they gain any muscle? or could they actualy lose muscle from regularly putting themself in a catabolic state like that?

Bro…you’d still build muscle mass as long as you eat…think about prison…they definately don’t have Surge there(unless they smuggle that shit) and they get jacked from just lifting and eating 3 square meals don’t they?

Yes, you can still build muscle. I lifted for years without a PWO drink and managed to gain muscle. PWO drinks just optimize a window. As long as you are eating correctly you will gain, just not quite as fast. Your recovery time falls hand in hand with this as well.

Are you asking because you don’t/can’t? And if so, why not?

cueball

Protein shakes are not magical muscle builders. They are ~100 calories and ~20g of protein. That’s about it. Once upon a time, bodybuilders did not have protein shakes. They grew muscle. Once upon a time, bodybuilders did not exist, people grew muscle.

The point of a Post-workout shake is to optimize gains, whatever that means. But the shake in and of itself is relatively meaningless in the face of everything else in that has to come together to gain muscle.

PWO shakes like Surge haven’t always been around, yet people progressed.

it just helps, it’s nothing magical

[quote]facko wrote:
Bro…you’d still build muscle mass as long as you eat…think about prison…they definately don’t have Surge there(unless they smuggle that shit) and they get jacked from just lifting and eating 3 square meals don’t they?[/quote]

Actually, you’d be surprised at how many prisons actually order in supps for their prisoners…Seriously!

It’s certainly not necessary, but in my opinion, it’s very important for gaining muscle mass as fast as you naturally can.

I don’t drink the shakes after a workout because I get huge gains from it, I do it because I’m hungry anyway and don’t feel like cooking.

[quote]facko wrote:
Bro…you’d still build muscle mass as long as you eat…think about prison…they definately don’t have Surge there(unless they smuggle that shit) and they get jacked from just lifting and eating 3 square meals don’t they?[/quote]

Yeah, but prisoners usually get their protein from “other sources” usually by the name of Bubba…

Thats just wrong

I used to drink Lucozade after a workout to aid recovery but Protein shakes work out cheaper…

I can tell the difference the next day in my energy levels if I dont drunk one nowadays

As everybody alredy said its not that you wont build muscle without a Post workout shake its just optimizes the workout and begins the repairing prosses much quicker! Why wouldnt you take full advantage of that?

When I lifted with the football team in high school I didn’t know shit about a protein shake. Most of us didn’t.

We just lifted, did our sprints and went home and tore up our pantries.

I often stopped on the way home fore double cheeseburgers, tacos, or chicken sandwiches and milkshakes. Then I had dinner.

We all got strong as shit pretty fast.

Calories+Weightlifting=muscle

That equation cannot fail.

So no, PWO shake is just a little icing.

Many more important factors to gaining muscle.

I’m trying the no PWO shake route right now. I couldn’t tolerate whey protein and I tried soy instead. It wasn’t bad, but it gave me terrible gas. After I finished the bottle I decided to just try with regular food. The one thing I notice is that I feel soreness the next day when I don’t drink a PWO shake. When I was using protein shakes I felt almost no soreness the next day. So, maybe there’s a lot of truth to the recovery thing.

My take is that the more intense and the more frequently you workout the more important it is to include a protein shake. Anyway, when you think of it it’s ridiculous to think you won’t build muscle without protein shakes…they’re just shakes. It’s not like your body didn’t know how to build muscle until protein shakes came along…which is something that’s been repeatedly pointed out here.

[quote]eremesu wrote:
what if a person never drank a pwo shake after working out? would they gain any muscle?[/quote]
Yes.

No.

The shake will only make the gains greater with than without, also your recovery is increased by PWO shake.

If no money… Milk and eggs (raw)

[quote]Digity wrote:
I’m trying the no PWO shake route right now. I couldn’t tolerate whey protein and I tried soy instead. It wasn’t bad, but it gave me terrible gas. After I finished the bottle I decided to just try with regular food. The one thing I notice is that I feel soreness the next day when I don’t drink a PWO shake. When I was using protein shakes I felt almost no soreness the next day. So, maybe there’s a lot of truth to the recovery thing.

My take is that the more intense and the more frequently you workout the more important it is to include a protein shake. Anyway, when you think of it it’s ridiculous to think you won’t build muscle without protein shakes…they’re just shakes. It’s not like your body didn’t know how to build muscle until protein shakes came along…which is something that’s been repeatedly pointed out here.[/quote]

Try Goat Whey…

Google it

The supplement companies wallets are all that grows when you drink a post workout shake!!!