Not Trained in 4 Years

Hello,

I trained hard and made good gains for about 5 years then due to a change in circumstances and lifestyle have not been to gym for about 4 years.

I now plan to get right back into it with a 6 month plan of basic compound movements and exercises. (i.e bench deadlift squat)

Any ideas whether i will get back to where i was faster than it took me to get there in first place or will i grow and gain strength at the rate i did before. assuming i eat and train the same.

should be a bit faster if you train as hard and are as consistant.

[quote]andy3009 wrote:
Hello,

I trained hard and made good gains for about 5 years then due to a change in circumstances and lifestyle have not been to gym for about 4 years.

I now plan to get right back into it with a 6 month plan of basic compound movements and exercises. (i.e bench deadlift squat)

Any ideas whether i will get back to where i was faster than it took me to get there in first place or will i grow and gain strength at the rate i did before. assuming i eat and train the same.[/quote]

I had a long lay off to bro. After eating right an training hard I;m very close to where I left off 6 years ago. i started training about 3 months ago. You could do it bro…Good luck!

I agree. I took 13 years off and in a few months made more gains then I did in my first year last time. You already know what you’re doing and you have a foundation. Believe it or not I still had some of the muscle I gained 13 years earlier. Even after drinking too much all that time, eating like shit, and getting almost no excercise.