T Nation

Not the Usual Squat Rack Curl Story

Normally I have a problem with people that curl in the squat rack. Mostly because its always when I want to do squats, and also because no one that does it EVER curls more than 65lbs. But today this huge black guy was using the squat rack to do curls, but he was using the rests for the bar on the outside of the rack. He was curling 135lbs, EASILY. So I am curious, what is everyone’s barbell curl numbers here? I just thought that was pretty impressive.

Was it Professor X?

Where the hell is Professor X at these days anyway?

I dont really do curls so I cant tell you how much. If I were to guess it would make me cry so I’m not going to!

I’m 225-230 and can/do curl 100-120 for reps of 8-10. Eitherway I don’t think that’s a good reason to take up the squat rack. BUt, my gym only has one.

not a big black guy but i curl a little over 135…and that’s still no reason to use the friggin squat rack. if you can curl it, you can lift it off the floor. They don’t call it a curl rack do they? Ahh, enough rage, back to studying.

Well, I saw a big black guy curl 195 at my gym the other night. No shit, and he was using an EZ curl bar.

Those big black guys can do some amazing things I tell ya.

well, i don’t do curls so i can’t contribute there.

i will say that the other night this cat was doing barbell curls in the aisle so everyone had to go around the entire perimeter, out the door, down the hall, and back in to get to the fountain.

at that point i wished he was curling in the rack like everybody else.

I can curl 135 for a few reps. And, I am ashamed to admit it, will do it in the squat rack- if no-one else is around! I often have my gym to myself.

Must be all the sweet potatoes! =p

A 45lbs on each side of an oly bar. Which I guess is 135, not sure how much oly bars weigh.

I’m pretty sure that’s 135. I think the standard oly bar is 45lbs.

155 x 6-8 I don’t do singles But I would guess 185 ish and still be strict
I can do much better on ticeps But hey I’m a white guy so if I get a tan I might be able to curl like 315 easy .

Whats a curl?
Ok seriously I do them perhaps once a month, I did about 120 (Guessing at bar weight around 20-25lb) for 8 reps last week.
I dont care how much it is either, stay the crap away from the squat rack. Go plop it on a bench or something, atleast there are more then 3 of thos around, but the second i see curls done in the squat rack i assume you’re retarded.

I constantly see guys curling in the squat rack while I am usually doing some form of deadlift in the squat cage right next to the rack. It’s usually the kids my age, 18-22 who are doing the squat rack curls. I don’t do curls because I do pullups and bent over rows, which is a much better use of time. I sometimes wonder how weak most of the guys at the gym are, in the core muscles. I very rarely see anyone squat or deadlift. I counted one guy doing deadlifts in the past 3 months. The plus side is, the squat cage is almost always free!

And the people who do deadlift don’t take the fucking plates off when they are done, they just leave the bar on the floor plates and all. Motherfuckers.

I can’t do regular curls anymore b/c of my wrist so I do lightweight (like 60lb) reverse curls. I was doing between 95 and 100lbs when I finished the Waterbury method though for the 4x6 scheme.

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
I can’t do regular curls anymore b/c of my wrist so I do lightweight (like 60lb) reverse curls. I was doing between 95 and 100lbs when I finished the Waterbury method though for the 4x6 scheme. [/quote]

I thought once you got Foopa that wrist thing went away???

Sorry Jase…

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
And the people who do deadlift don’t take the fucking plates off when they are done, they just leave the bar on the floor plates and all. Motherfuckers.
[/quote]

HA HA your welcome !

I curl 105 10x10 in my squat rack at home. I’m getting ready to add more weight soon.