Not Symmetrical, Feeling Depressed

Hey guys what’s up, ok well I love workout and gettin as big as I can, but I have noticed that my right and left shoulder and trap area don’t look exactly alike, when I’m wearing a t shirt and see myself it looks as if my left shoulder comes forward a bit more.

Then it bugs me that its not “perfect” and “that my left side and right side don’t look alike” and I feel because of this I don’t look big. I don’t know why it depresses me that they don’t look the same, I feel like I look bad cuz of it and yea a whole meental mess, advice would be apreciated and tips as well.

Have you guys ever hit this kinda mental block stage throughout bodybuilding?

You’ll never be happy with your physique. The sooner you get used to that the better. As far as the muscular imbalance is concerned, just get bigger. The bigger you are the less noticeable it will become. A couple of my handful of “problems” is my right arm is a 1/2" bigger then the left other and my left shoulder is shifted forward from a 2nd degree A/C joint separation…but I’m the only one that can see it.

Arnold’s right arm was bigger than his left. Do you think he or anyone else cared?

Have had those issues. You’re probably the only one who can see it.
Life isn’t perfect, accept it, keep it moving!

My right testicle hangs lower than the left, makes me depressed

What you describe could be caused by scoliosis.

[quote]king_kiwi wrote:
Hey guys what’s up, ok well I love workout and gettin as big as I can, but I have noticed that my right and left shoulder and trap area don’t look exactly alike, when I’m wearing a t shirt and see myself it looks as if my left shoulder comes forward a bit more.

Then it bugs me that its not “perfect” and “that my left side and right side don’t look alike” and I feel because of this I don’t look big. I don’t know why it depresses me that they don’t look the same, I feel like I look bad cuz of it and yea a whole meental mess, advice would be apreciated and tips as well.

Have you guys ever hit this kinda mental block stage throughout bodybuilding?[/quote]

are you left or right handed? do you work a job that may be unbalanced?

[quote]king_kiwi wrote:
Then it bugs me that its not “perfect” and “that my left side and right side don’t look alike” and I feel because of this I don’t look big. I don’t know why it depresses me that they don’t look the same, I feel like I look bad cuz of it and yea a whole meental mess, advice would be apreciated and tips as well.[/quote]
Depression is a serious thing so if you think you have it seek professional help.
If you don’t truly think you have it then stop being a drama queen.

As for the muscle imbalance, get over it, it happens.

Post a picture of your physique and we will take a vote on whether or not we think a trap imbalance is keeping you from being a 10 or winning BB shows.

Every good tailor knows that everyone’s left shoulder is higher, narrower and less developed then the right and will alter you clothes to make them look as symmetrical as possible. or vise versa if left handed. If you really care about how your clothes fit and look stop wearing t shirts and get the clothes you do wear tailored to your specific needs by you guessed it, a tailor…

[quote]23278 wrote:
You’ll never be happy with your physique. The sooner you get used to that the better.[/quote]

I’ve been nailing this in to pretty much my gf and my buddies. Everyone has a image in their head of how they want to look or expected to look. The World has many different tastes and you can’t please them all.

O wow great advice guys u kno what ur right who cates as. Long as I’m geetting massivve like monster, doesn’t mAtter how your physicc looks, just be massive and move on! Snart bunch of people u guys are.

I think its a mental thing “I’m only one who Can see the difference” non of my friends were able to see “the difference” one just says its in my head and a. Bad obsession. He says pppl see the mass first and never be able to see any difference in physic difference from left to right side of body. Hmm but how do I get over it, I kno its alll “just in my head” quess gotta try thinking through it u know. Hmm. Forget it if arnolds bi’s were bigger then enother and I didn’t notice that, then it is really “just in my heaf”

[quote]king_kiwi wrote:

Have you guys ever hit this kinda mental block stage throughout bodybuilding?[/quote]

I literally have this exact same problem with my traps as well. I don’t really get depressed, I just get extremely irritated, especially after a workout where I can tell that my left trap is pumped and looks huge compared to my right one and it just pisses me the fuck off. It just sucks that you work so hard to develop a solid physique and yet your body doesn’t seem to follow the same roadmap that your mind set out for it.

For those saying just gain more size overall, wouldn’t more size just lead to a larger imbalance? For example, if one of your traps is larger than the other, or one of your pecs, or your shoulders, etc, wouldn’t gaining more size just make the imbalance between the two uneven muscles more pronounced? I know there’s probably different opinions on this, but just wondering?

[quote]king_kiwi wrote:
O wow great advice guys u kno what ur right who cates as. Long as I’m geetting massivve like monster, doesn’t mAtter how your physicc looks, just be massive and move on! Snart bunch of people u guys are.[/quote]
So anyone whose comment does not sympathize with your “condition” is not as smart as you?
That attitude will get you far in life.

[quote]
I think its a mental thing “I’m only one who Can see the difference” non of my friends were able to see “the difference” one just says its in my head and a. Bad obsession. He says pppl see the mass first and never be able to see any difference in physic difference from left to right side of body. Hmm but how do I get over it, I kno its alll “just in my head” quess gotta try thinking through it u know. Hmm. Forget it if arnolds bi’s were bigger then enother and I didn’t notice that, then it is really “just in my heaf”[/quote]
Get professional help.

[quote]its_just_me wrote:
My right testicle hangs lower than the left, makes me depressed[/quote]

Puts you at risk of hernias. Commiserations, my man

I think the argument is that a lack of muscle is causing the imbalance, not a surplus.

[quote]The Greek wrote:

[quote]king_kiwi wrote:

I literally have this exact same problem with my traps as well. I don’t really get depressed, I just get extremely irritated, especially after a workout where I can tell that my left trap is pumped and looks huge compared to my right one and it just pisses me the fuck off. It just sucks that you work so hard to develop a solid physique and yet your body doesn’t seem to follow the same roadmap that your mind set out for it.

For those saying just gain more size overall, wouldn’t more size just lead to a larger imbalance? For example, if one of your traps is larger than the other, or one of your pecs, or your shoulders, etc, wouldn’t gaining more size just make the imbalance between the two uneven muscles more pronounced? I know there’s probably different opinions on this, but just wondering? [/quote]

[quote]MickyGee wrote:
I think the argument is that a lack of muscle is causing the imbalance, not a surplus.

[quote]The Greek wrote:

[quote]king_kiwi wrote:

For those saying just gain more size overall, wouldn’t more size just lead to a larger imbalance? For example, if one of your traps is larger than the other, or one of your pecs, or your shoulders, etc, wouldn’t gaining more size just make the imbalance between the two uneven muscles more pronounced? I know there’s probably different opinions on this, but just wondering? [/quote]
[/quote]

If your arm is a half inch bigger then the other, it will be more noticable if they are 12 and 12 and a half inches then if they were 18 and 18 and a half inches.

I’ve struggled with less developed muscles on the left side of my body, specifically my lat and quad because of scoliosis and some other issues.

Be proactive about it. Google AND ACTUALLY FUCKING PERFORM “Defrancos agile 8” and the “Simple six”. If you can’t even put in 5 minutes a day to do those, GTFO now.

Seeing a chiropractor is also a good idea, while I have not been in several months I was going 1-3x a month and it really helped my scoliosis.

You probably will also need to perform extra work for the lagging muscles, you’re body isn’t just going to fix itself.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I’ve struggled with less developed muscles on the left side of my body, specifically my lat and quad because of scoliosis and some other issues.

Be proactive about it. Google AND ACTUALLY FUCKING PERFORM “Defrancos agile 8” and the “Simple six”. If you can’t even put in 5 minutes a day to do those, GTFO now.

Seeing a chiropractor is also a good idea, while I have not been in several months I was going 1-3x a month and it really helped my scoliosis.

You probably will also need to perform extra work for the lagging muscles, you’re body isn’t just going to fix itself.[/quote]

I agree with all of this, especially the simple six and agile 8. Both are very simple and everyone IMO ought to be doing them 4-7 times/week for mobility and activation purposes, especially if you have imbalance issues.

[quote]The Greek wrote:

[quote]king_kiwi wrote:

For those saying just gain more size overall, wouldn’t more size just lead to a larger imbalance? For example, if one of your traps is larger than the other, or one of your pecs, or your shoulders, etc, wouldn’t gaining more size just make the imbalance between the two uneven muscles more pronounced?

I know there’s probably different opinions on this, but just wondering? [/quote] I’m sure this is in your head, I think were making it harder for us because were puting to much emphasis on our defects, the aound of. Your prob is not muscle imbalAnce but rather ur bone structure, the left trap things just. In your head month one cann see the difference. Everyone has bone structure problem butt. We only see it. In our selfs, others don’t.

Since this thread is already here, i may as well ask.
I feel i have imbalance in my back muscles. After hitting my back at the gym my right side is always much more sore than the left. Any suggestions?