T Nation

Not Sure What I Want to Do

I use to do 5/3/1 and i am looking for a different type of program… 5/3/1 is a great program but i am looking for a change… but all i know is eat a lot of whole food protein rich foods and lift heavy weight… i want to cut my body fat to around 15-10%. i do not know what i am at right now but i know it is not close to that. I am 6’0 and 225 lbs. I do not want to loose muscle, but i want to cut fat. I DO NOT want to get huge like a body builder. really, i just want to look REAL good naked! BUT, i have all my own weights. i have 500 lbs in plates and 2 olympic bars, curl bar, squat stands, bench press.

is there a type of program where i do not have to waste $ on a gym membership and use my own stuff? i would like to try to get a 3 day a week plan but 4 would be okay. does anyone know of anything i could do? * i am not a novice at lifting. i know the correct form of squatting, dead lifting, press, and bench. I just do not know what kind of program to do…*

i would love to do cross fit but i refuse to pay stupid prices to workout. i know i could do the WOD but i dont have a lot of stuff they do and do not know what i would sub it out with and i have never done timed training

[quote]amishnightmare88 wrote:

is there a type of program where i do not have to waste $ on a gym membership and use my own stuff? [/quote]

Just get your diet in order, which means you have some reading to do. Cutting fat is more than just eating protein rich foods and lifting heavy, but not much more… just don’t overdo out of the gate. 1-2 LBS/Week is the goal.

Don’t worry about losing muscle… if you’re lifting 3-4x/week with 1-2 short conditioning sessions and a couple walks, diet will get you a long way.

Stop crying, is the first advice you should hear.

If you follow 5/3/1 correctly, you should be cutting a good portion of fat.

i have 500 lbs in plates and 2 olympic bars, curl bar, squat stands, bench press.

is there a type of program where i do not have to waste $ on a gym membership and use my own stuff? i would like to try to get a 3 day a week plan but 4 would be okay. does anyone know of anything i could do?[/quote]
Allow me to remind you of some “pretty good” replies you got in three different threads just a few months ago. And can I just say, I find it disrespectful as hell that you asked Wendler a question, got an answer (and thanked him for it!), and then apparently forgot all about it and asked him the exact same thing just six fucking weeks later. I’m glad to see the guy’s time and effort is fully appreciated.

Whatever. Bottom line, you really have no legit limitations or excuses. Choose almost any program in the Archives and follow it, making intelligent exercise substitutions if/when needed.

Also, you were 6’ and “220ish” six months ago… and you still are. “Getting huge like a bodybuilder” is not something you need to be scared of or concerned with. Seeing simple progress is.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

i have 500 lbs in plates and 2 olympic bars, curl bar, squat stands, bench press.

is there a type of program where i do not have to waste $ on a gym membership and use my own stuff? i would like to try to get a 3 day a week plan but 4 would be okay. does anyone know of anything i could do?[/quote]
Allow me to remind you of some “pretty good” replies you got in three different threads just a few months ago. And can I just say, I find it disrespectful as hell that you asked Wendler a question, got an answer (and thanked him for it!), and then apparently forgot all about it and asked him the exact same thing just six fucking weeks later. I’m glad to see the guy’s time and effort is fully appreciated.

[/quote]

KAPOWWW

^^^^ This. OP: Whenever you have a question, just refer back to the above post and save us the hassles.

Change your diet if you want to drop the fat, if you cant be bothered to plan out a decent diet then its on you.

I can see why your worried about becoming huge like a body builder because I heard that it just happens over night once you have put in a certain amount time curling, It can be a bit of a shock but its worth it when it happens.