Not So LiteWeight Log

The right leg is unflexed and the left leg is flexed. I posted the rest of my pictures on my profile.

Day 14 (Day 7 Week 2)
This is my rest day. just like last week I relaxed and did some yard work around the house. I didn’t follow a stict diet but I didnt go crazy. I had some carbs, in the form of a roll and a pita.

After taking the pictures, I decided to weigh myself, just to see what my numbers look like. I weighed in at 216.5 lbs, which for me is a great improvement. I also haven’t lost much stregth. I actually feel stronger now. I know that will change in the coming weeks as the fat comes off and the weights used in the gym get harder to lift.

Day 15 (Day 1 Week 3):
Training:
6 sets x 4 reps of each group

• Step-Ups, Bent over row
  • Push Press, Cable Crunches on a Swiss ball
  • Power Cleans, Standing Calf Raise

Power cleans are brutal. I love the feeling, but, I feel like death when I am done.

Diet:
Meal 1: Double protien shake with skim milk
Meal 2: 22 almonds
Meal 3: 4oz Chicken, 2 cups lettuce, 2 tbsp oil, 1/4 cup vinager
Meal 4: 1oz Beef Jerky and 1 cup celery
Meal 5: 4 oz grilled chicken, 2 cups lettuce 2 tbsp oil, 1/4 cup vinager
Meal 6: 1/2 cup Mixed Nuts

As little as I have been eating I have still found the strength to do each workout. I have been comparing my lifting logs from the previous months and currently I am lifting about 10% more.

Supplements:
3 Fish oil caps

[quote]
After taking the pictures, I decided to weigh myself, just to see what my numbers look like. I weighed in at 216.5 lbs, which for me is a great improvement. [/quote]

Almost a stone in 15 days. Holy Sh!t. That would be a great improvement for anyone trying to loose weight.

Well done Lighterweight ;o)

Day 16 (Day 2 Week 3)
Training
Cardio (Morning)

• Warm up jog of 1mile at 10 minute pace
  • 20 minutes of HIIT Sprints (Start at 10 min. pace, increase pace by .5 mph every minute for 5 minutes, then reduce to 11 minute pace) repeat 3 more times

I really turned up the intensity this week on the HIIT. I was exhausted when I was done, but, it was the change that I needed if I want to continue to loss the fat.

Cool Down:
5 minute walk
Stretch

Diet:
Meal One: yogurt, 1 1/2 cup mixed fruit, green tea
Meal 2: Cobb Salad with 4 oz grilled chicken
Meal 3: Protien Shake (Post Workout), 1 cup watermelon
Meal 4: 6 oz grilled chicken, 2 cups of lettuce

I missed meals 5 and 6 today. I have an excuse, but, that is exactly what it is an excuse.

Supplements:
none

Day 17 (Day 3 Week 3)
Training (Morning)
3 sets x 12 of each group

• Pull down, Weighed Squat Thrust
  • Weights Sit up, Back Ext.
  • Decline Bench Press, External Rotation
  • Back Squat, Lying Hamsting curls

Diet:
Meal 1: Protien Shake (Post workout)
Meal 2: 2 Egg whites, 1 oz turkey, 1/2 cup spinich
Meal 3: 22 Almonds and Green Tea
meal 4: 4 oz Grilled Chicken, 2 Cups Salad
Meal 5: 1 oz beef jerky
Meal 5 1/2: 1 cup celery
Meal 6: TBD

I got hungry later in the day and I didn’t want to have something crazy. I figured Celery has negative calories, good carbs and will get me to dinner.

Supplements
3 Fish oil caps

[quote]Intersweat wrote:

Almost a stone in 15 days. Holy Sh!t. That would be a great improvement for anyone trying to loose weight.

Well done Lighterweight ;o)

[/quote]

Thanks Sweat. I am happy with my progress so far, but, the battle has only begun. I am going to have to work twice as hard to loss the last 20 pounds. Keep checking in.

Day 18 (Day 4 week 3)
Training:
To be done after work
Cardio

• 20 minutes of HIIT Sprints (Start at 10 min. pace, increase pace by .5 mph every minute for 5 minutes, then reduce to 11 minute pace) repeat 2 more times

I had a terrible cramp and had to stop five minutes short. I tried to push through it but I couldn’t make it.

Diet:
Meal 1: 2 eggs, 1 oz turkey, 1/2 cup spinich
Meal 2: 22 almonds
Meal 3: 4 oz Chicken, 2 cups lettuce, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/2 cup tomato
Meal 4: 1/2 protien bar
Meal 5: Protein Shake (post workout)
Meal 6: 4 oz white fish, 1 cup cucumber, 1 cup tomato, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 cup vinager

Supplements
3 fish oil caps

Day 19 (Day 5 week 3)
Training (Morning)
100 reps of each movement(50RM)with 15 second rest between pauses and 120 second rest between movement

• Back Squats
  • Standing Shoulder Press
  • Roman Deadlifts
  • Seated Cable rows

Sustained Cardio
Right after the lifting I jogged a mile at a 10 min pace.

Diet:
Meal 1: Protien Shake (Post workout)
Meal 2: 2 egg whites and 1/2 cup spinich
Meal 3: 22 Almonds,8 oz green tea
Meal 4: 1 cup chicken, 1 cup cucmber and tomato
Meal 5: 2 oz beef jerky
Meal 6: 4 oz grilled chicken, 4 cups lettuce, 1/4 cup blue cheese, buffalo sauce

Not a great dinner.

Supplements:

3 fish oil caps (twice)

I feel very slow and weak today. I think the diet is starting to get to me. I am going to change up a few things next week. Hopefully I can get the energy back.

Supplements
3 fish Oil caps

Remember, sometimes it is important to have refeed days. This is where you eat at at least your maintenance level (based upon your LEAN body mass) in calorie intake. While this my seem like it is counterproductive to your training goals, it can serve a few important uses.

1. It will replenish glycogen stores. Thus, you will have more energy.
  2. It will boost your metabolism, and help you lose weight faster than if you did not have a refeed day.
  3. Relating to #2, it will help you blast through weight barriers or plateaus.
  4. It will prevent you from losing your mental focus.

Remember, of course, it is still important for you to be eating clean like you have been.
Hope this helps you.

Day 20 (Day 6 of week 3)
Training
Cardio (Mid Day)
4 mile jog at a 10:30 pace
50 Crunches

Diet:
Meal 1: 1/2 cup Chicken Salad
Meal 2: Protein Shake and Peach (Post workout)
Meal 3:

Day 23 (Day 2 of week 4)
Training:
Cardio:

I had a cramp (AGAIN) and had to pull up after the jog. I will make up for it tomorrow.

Diet:
Meal 1: One egg white 1/2 cup broccoli
Meal 2: 18 Almonds and 12 oz green tea
Meal 3: 6 Oz chicken 1 cup mixed vegetables
Meal 4: 1 oz beef jerky, 12 oz green tea
Meal 5: 6 oz fish, 2 cups lettuce, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 cup vinager

Supplements:
3 Fish oil Caps
1 HOT-ROX Cap

Read through your log, good work man, really nice! Keep it up!

Day 24 (Day 3 of week 4)
Training
Cardio(Morning):

• 20 minutes of HIIT Sprints (Start at 10 min. pace, increase pace by .5 mph every minute for 5 minutes, then reduce to 11 minute pace) repeat 2 more times

(Evening)
3 sets x 12 of each group

• Pull down, Weighed Squat Thrust
  • Weights Sit up, Back Ext.
  • Decline Bench Press, External Rotation
  • Back Squat, Lying Hamsting curls

Diet:
Meal 1: Protein Shake (Post workout)
Meal 2: 3 oz steak, 1/2 cup string beans, 1/2 cup tomato, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/2 cup potato
Meal 3: 15 Almonds
Meal 4: 3 oz steak, 1 1/2 cup lettuce, 2 tbsp olive oil, 4 tbsp vinager
Meal 4: 1 oz beef jerky, 12 oz green tea
Meal 5: 1/2 pound ground turkey, 2 cups lettuce, 1/2 cup cucumber and tomato, 2 Tbsp cheese (2%)

Supplements:
1 HOT-ROX

[quote]Jakebambeeno wrote:
Remember, sometimes it is important to have refeed days.

I am going to be using Sunday’s as my refeed day. I will also be doing some cross training in the way of football. Ideally, I will have a refeed meal and not binge throughout the day.

How’s the strength?

The strength has been increasing so far. I have increased the weight every time I lift and I have even increase the HIIT. For instance, this past April my power clean for 6 reps was about 70 pounds with an oly bar.

Just this past monday I was able to do 105 plus the oly bar. I know those weight aren’t breaking any records, but, they show me a clear improvement. I hvae increases the weight on every lift.

I think I might have pushed the HIIT a little to far, which has resulted in the cramping.

Even though I said in the begining that I wasn’t concerned with the amount of wieght, I still want to see move weight on the bar.

Next week I am going to do something I haven’t done in a long time. I am going to so isolation movements. I am nearing a plateau and want to shock my body a little. The next four weeks will be spent doing bicep curls, bench press and seated shoulder press.

Do you think it is too soon to make the move? After these four week “isolation period” I am going to move back to compound movements for 6 weeks.

Any thoughts?

Day 25 (Day 4 of week 4)
Training
Cardio(Morning):

Diet:
Meal 1: Protein Shake (Post workout)
Meal 2: one egg, 1/2 cup spinich
Meal 3: 15 almonds, 12 oz green tea
Meal 4: 2 oz steak, a single pork rib with sauce and 1 cup asparagus. ( I was cleaning out the leftovers)
Meal 5: 1 oz Beef Jerky, 12 oz Green tea
Meal 6:1/2 pound ground turkey, 2 cups lettuce, 1/2 cup cucumber and tomato, 2 Tbsp cheese (2%), one lonely chicken wing (baked not fried, like it matters)

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL, without the wings and beer!!!

Supplements:
1 HOT-ROX

Day 26 (Day 5 of week 4)
Training (Morning)
110 reps of each movement(50RM)with 15 second rest between pauses and 120 second rest between movement

• Back Squats
  • Standing Shoulder Press
  • Roman Deadlifts
  • Seated Cable rows

I increased the weight, like I have been doing with every workout,but, this workout kicked my ass this morning. I wanted to jog a mile or so but I was feeling very fatigued. If I can get the motor going, I am going to jog tonight when I get home from work.

Diet:
Meal 1: Protein Shake with 2 TBSP Flaxseed meal(Post workout)
Meal 2: One egg and 1/2 cup spinich
Meal 3: 15 Almonds
Meal 4: 4 oz grilled salmon, 3/4 cup grilled veggies
Meal 5: 4 oz grilled salmon, 3/4 cup grilled veggies
Meal 6: TBD

I have been adding Flaxseed meal to my protein shakes to get my fiber content up. The two tablespoons for flax add about 60 calories, 4 grams of fat, 4 carbs (4 Dietry fiber) and 3 grams of protein. This isn’t adding much to my dietary intake but I am hoping it will keep me regular, since I have been off the Fish oil for the last week.

Supplements:
1 HOT-ROX

A few of you have been asking about my strength. As far as I can tell, my strength has been good and i have been working hard to stay strong while dropping the tonage. This weekend will be a real test of strength, since the Flag football season starts up.

I play both O-Line and D- Line, but, have never been at this weight, so I dont know how I will hold up. I think my defensive game with take a step forward, but we will see how I handle the rush of a 250lb D-lineman. I will let you know how it goes. LEGS DON’T FAIL ME NOW!

[quote]LiteWeight35 wrote:
The strength has been increasing so far. I have increased the weight every time I lift and I have even increase the HIIT. For instance, this past April my power clean for 6 reps was about 70 pounds with an oly bar.

Just this past monday I was able to do 105 plus the oly bar. I know those weight aren’t breaking any records, but, they show me a clear improvement. I hvae increases the weight on every lift.

I think I might have pushed the HIIT a little to far, which has resulted in the cramping.

Even though I said in the begining that I wasn’t concerned with the amount of wieght, I still want to see move weight on the bar.

Next week I am going to do something I haven’t done in a long time. I am going to so isolation movements. I am nearing a plateau and want to shock my body a little. The next four weeks will be spent doing bicep curls, bench press and seated shoulder press.

Do you think it is too soon to make the move? After these four week “isolation period” I am going to move back to compound movements for 6 weeks.

Any thoughts?[/quote]