Not So LiteWeight Log

It is time to take action. I have been the fat kid my whole life and it is time for a change. I am going to do whatever it takes to get in better shape. I have been lifting for years and eating horrible for even longer. My diet HAS to change, my workouts HAVE to change and my life WILL change.

The Plan:

For the time being, I am going to stop caring about how much I lift. I am using a routine of more compound movements and HIIT cardio based on the Waterbury Project. My diet is going to be very boring. High protein, moderate/low carbs and low fat. I am going to document everything and share it with the world. Well maybe I won’t share everything.

The Stats:

Height: 5’11"
Current Weight: 229.5 LBS
Body Fat%: 25%
Goal: 10% loss of body fat
Time Frame: 8-10 weeks

Day 1 Training:
Cardio (Morning)
- Warm up jog of 1mile at 11 minute pace
- 20 minutes of HIIT Sprints (Start at 11 min. pace, increase pace by .5 mph every minute for 5 minutes, then reduce to 11 minute pace) repeat 3 times
- Cool down half mile jog at 12 minute pace

Evening (Walk)
- 2 miles brisk walk

Diet:

Meal 1 - Protein shake (Post workout)
Meal 2 - 3 egg whites, 2 oz turkey and 1/4 cup of spinach
Meal 3 - 6 oz Tuna
Meal 4 - Protein Shake
Meal 5 - 1/2 cup almonds
Meal 6 - 4 oz Salmon, 1/4 cup cucmber, 1/4 tom, 2 cups lettuce

Supplements:
3 fish oil caps

Please be kind, but, I will take all the input I can get.
(Don’t laugh too hard at the photo!)

Day 2:
Training (Morning)
Warm Up:
Stretching and 50 jumping jacks

Workout:
Four sets each with 6-8 reps

• Hang Clean, Reverse situps on a slant board
  • Standing DB Press, 1 Arm DB row
  • Split Squat, Single leg deadlift
  • Weighted dips, external rotation

Cool Down:
Stretch

The workout was a bitch. I have changed my schedule and now do everything in the morning. I don’t have the luxury fo being able to workout in the evening anymore, so this is a total life style adjustment. I was exhausted at the end of the workout and I feel slightly tired now, but, I am sure that lack of calories has something to do with it.

I am keeping a log of the weights used, but, I am not shooting for high weight. I am shooting for a more cardio driven workout with proper form. Each week I will be sure to increase the weight, even if only by 5-10 pounds.

Diet:
Meal 1 - Protein Shake (Post Workout)
Meal 2 - 2 Eggwhites, 2oz turkey and 1/4 cup broccoli
Meal 3 - 1/2 cup almonds, 12oz green tea
Meal 4 - 8 oz chicken, 1 cup lettuce, 1/2 cup tomato and 1/4 cup cucumber
Meal 5 - Beef jerky and 12oz green tea
Meal 6 - 9 oz steak, 2 cup lettuce, 1/2 cup tomato and 1/4 cup cucumber
Meal 7- 1/2 cup of mixed nuts

I think it is needless to say, but I have been drink 10-15 cups of water a day.

Supplements:
3 Fish oil caps (twice a day)

Day 3:
Training:
Morning:
Cardio (Morning)

• Warm up jog of 1mile at 11 minute pace
  • 20 minutes of HIIT Sprints (Start at 11 min. pace, increase pace by .5 mph every minute for 5 minutes, then reduce to 11 minute pace) repeat 3 more times

Cool Down:
10 minute walk
Stretch

This morning’s workout was esepecially difficult. I was very soar and up late watching the USA women blow it against China in gymnastics. I got through it and I am very glad I pushed myself.

Diet:
Meal 1 - Protein Shake (post workout)
Meal 2 - Two Protein Shakes
Meal 3 - 9 oz steak, 2 cup lettuce, 1/2 cup tomato and 1/4 cup cucumber
Meal 4 - 1/2 cup almonds and 12 oz green tea
Meal 5 - 10 oz of chicken, 4 cups of lettuce, 1 slice of onion, 1 oz cheese, 1/8 cup almonds, 2 Tbls olive oil, 1/4 cup vinager.
Meal 6 - Missed

i am not happy that I missed the sixth meal.

Supplements:
3 fish oil caps (twice a day)

• I have been taking 3 caps in the morning around 10am after my second meal and at 4pm before my fourth meal.

Day 4:
Training
Evening
Warm Up:
Stretching

Workout:
3 sets each with 12 reps, 30 jumping jacks between each set

• Romanian Deadlifts, Weight Sit-ups
  • Incline Bench Press. Standing Calf raises
  • Upright Rows, Step-ups
  • External Rotations, Pullovers

Cool Down:
Stretch

Had to take the women to work and couldn’t get out of bed at 5am to workout. Shouldn’t be a major set back, but, I can’t make it a habit.

Diet:
Meal 1 - 3 eggwhites, 4 oz turkey, 1/2 spinach
Meal 2 - 1 oz beef jerky
Meal 3 - 6 oz Chicken, 2 cups lettuce, 1 slice of onion, 1 oz cheese, 2 Tbls olive oil, 1/4 cup vinager.
Meal 4 - 1/2 cup almonds and 12 oz green tea
Meal 5 - 4 oz Chicken Breast with 1/2 cup tom, 1/2 cup stringbeans, 1/2 cup potato, 4 Tbsp olive oil, 1/4 cup vinager
Meal 6 - 1 cup melon.

Supplements:
3 fish oil caps (twice a day)

Day 5:
Training:
Morning:
Cardio (Morning)

• Jog 3 miles @ 10 min pace

Cool Down:
5 minute walk
Stretch

Diet:
Meal 1 - Two Protein Shake (post workout)
Meal 2 - 1/2 cup almonds
Meal 3 - 10 oz Chicken Breast with 1/2 cup tom, 1/2 cup stringbeans, 1/2 cup potato, 4 Tbsp olive oil, 1/4 cup vinager
Meal 4 - 2 oz Beef Jerky
Meal 5 - TBD
Meal 6 - TBD

Supplements:
3 fish oil caps

Day 6:
Training:
Warm up
Stretch

Four sets at 50% RM for 2 mins per movement

• Deadlifts, push-ups, back squats, Lat pulldown

Cool down
Stretch

X-Training:
Touch Football for 1 hour

Diet:
Meal one: Two eggs, spinach and onion
Meal Two: Protein Shake
Meal three: 6 oz tuna, 3 cups of tomatoes, 1/8 cup red onion, 3 tbls olive oil, 1/4 vinager
Meal Four: 10 chicken wings
Meal Five: 3 oz, chicken, 3 oz pork butt, 2 cups lettuce, 3/4 cup corn

The diet wasn’t great. i was at a family BBQ and was weak. I didnt over eat and I stayed away from beer and soda. It was not a total waste of a day, but, it sure as hell could have been.

Supplements
3 fish oil caps

Day 7:
This is my rest day. I don’t really workout, but, I do chores around the house.

I mowed the lawn and cleaned up. Nothing crazy. I did jog lightly got about 1 mile at a 15 min pace.

Diet:
Meal 1: Protien Shake
Meal 2: Chicken Sausage with Peppers and Onions
Meal 3: 2 cups lettuce, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/2 cup tomato, 2 tbls olive oil, 1/4 cups vinager and a Peach
Meal 4: 5 ribs, 1 cup rice, 1/2 cup corn

Supplements:
None

Like I said this is my rest day. A chance to re-charge. I shold have been better onthe diet, especially at dinner. I will make the changes next week

Day 8(Day 1 of week 2):
Training:
Workout (Evening):
Four sets each with 6-8 reps

• Hang Clean, Reverse situps on a slant board
  • Standing DB Press, 1 Arm DB row
  • Split Squat, Single leg deadlift
  • Weighted dips, external rotation

Cool Down:
Stretch

Diet:
Meal 1: Protein Shake(Post Workout)
Meal 2: 2 egg white, 1/2 cup spinach
Meal 3: 22 Almonds
Meal 4: Chicken Sausage, 1/2 cup peppers, 1/2 cup onions, 2 cups lettuce, 2 tbls olive oil
Meal 5: 2 oz Beef Jerky
Meal 6: 5 oz chicken, 2 cups lettuce, 1/2 cup cucumber, 2 tbls olive oil and 1/4 vinager

Supplements:
3 Fish oil caps

Not a bad day. I was very tired in the AM and my back was tight. I was having some kind of spasm. I stretched out my back for a while and did a warm up set before the workout.

Day 9(Day 2 of week 2):
Day 1 Training:
Cardio (Morning)

• 20 minutes of HIIT Sprints (Start at 11 min. pace, increase pace by .5 mph every minute for 5 minutes, then reduce to 11 minute pace) repeat 3 times
  • Cool down quarter mile walk

I really struggled after the run. I think the diet is affect me. I am going to keep my eye on it and make a change or two.

Diet:
Meal 1: Protein shake (Post Workout)
Meal 2: 2 egg white and 1/2 cup spinach
Meal 3: 22 almonds and greet tea
Meal 4: 6 oz chicken, 2 cups lettuce, 1/2 cup cucumber, 2 tbls olive oil
Meal 5: 2 oz beef jerky
Meal 6: TBD

Supplements:
3 fish oil caps

Keep it up LightWeight. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this mate. (Just completing the first week of the v diet and my stats are pretty similar to yours).

I’ll be keeping a close eye on this log so don’t be cheating ;o)

BTW, where’s the leg shots in your BIO???

[quote]Intersweat wrote:
Keep it up LightWeight. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this mate. (Just completing the first week of the v diet and my stats are pretty similar to yours).

I’ll be keeping a close eye on this log so don’t be cheating ;o)

BTW, where’s the leg shots in your BIO??? [/quote]

Thanks for looking in on my progress. I will take and post the leg shots this week. I have been keeping a pretty close eye on my diet and training. Trust I will not be cheating. This fat kid, is keeping it honest.

Day 10 (Day 3 or Week 2):
Training
Morning
Warm Up:
Stretching
50 Jumping Jacks

Workout:
3 sets each with 12 reps,

• Romanian Deadlifts, Weight Sit-ups
  • Incline Bench Press. Standing Calf raises
  • Upright Rows, Step-ups
  • External Rotations, Pullovers

Cool Down:
Stretch

This was very tiring. I restrict my rest between sets to 45 seconds. I pushed through it and glad I did.

Diet:
Meal 1 - Protein Shake (Post Workout)
Meal 2 - 3 eggwhites, 1/2 spinach
Meal 3 - Double Protien Shake
Meal 4 - 7 oz grilled chicken, 2 cus lettuce, 1/4 cup cucumber, 2 tbls olive oil, 1/4 cup vinager
Meal 5 - 22 almond
Meal 6 - 4 oz white fish, 1 cup lettuce, 1/8 cup cucumber, 2 tbls olive oil, 1/4 cup vinager, 1 cup asparagus
Meal 7 - 2 cups watermelon(this was a bad choice, but, I will live with it and move forward)

Supplements:
3 fish oil caps

I have been really happy with my progress so far. I have pushed my limits. I have increased the weight on each movement and am still keeping true to form. Still a long way to go, so I don’t want to get too far a head of myself.

Work it man… I’ll be keeping track of your log, I was in a similar situation, always been the fat kid all my life… decided to make a change for the better…

I haven’t looked back since January.

Day 11 (Day 4 or Week 2):
Training:
Morning:
Cardio (Morning)

• 20 minutes of HIIT Sprints (Start at 11 min. pace, increase pace by .5 mph every minute for 5 minutes, then reduce to 11 minute pace) repeat 3 more times

Cool Down:
10 minute walk
Stretch

This was a good run. I have one more run this week, but, I am going to change things up next week. I am going to increase the intesity by .5. I think I need to push the pace a little bit

Diet:
Meal 1: 2 eggsand 1/2 cup spinach
Meal 2: 22 almonds
Meal 3: 4 oz steak, 1-1/2 cup asparagus
Meal 4: 3 oz chicken, 2 cups lettuce, 1/2 cup cucumber, 2 tbls olive oil
Meal 5: 4 oz Salmon with 1/2 cup of cous cous.

I am proud to say I passed an all desserts, including the dreded peanut butter ice cream.

Supplements:
3 fish oil caps

Today was a long day in the office. It was tough to get each meal in. I was thrown off a little but I will try to get on the ball. Tonight is the little sisters birthday and we, as a family, are going out to dinner. I am planning on getting a fish and a veggie. I will try to keep it as lite as possible.

[quote]Blazin wrote:
Work it man… I’ll be keeping track of your log, I was in a similar situation, always been the fat kid all my life… decided to make a change for the better…

I haven’t looked back since January.[/quote]

Thanks for the support I really appreciate it. I will keep updating the log. If you have any tips let me know.

As a matter of interest lightweight have you noticed any reduction in fat at this stage?

I’m trying to follow the instructions by Dr Ellington Darden when he worked with Casey Viator.

"Before skinfold caliper measurements, underwater weighings, and electrical impedance readings became popular to determine percentage of body fat, old timers had an interesting way to check their leanness. The test involved keeping a periodic record of the differences between the relaxed and contracted upper-arm measurements.

Before a workout and using a plastic tape, here’s what they’d do:

1. Relax the arm and measure the circumference midway between the elbow and tip of the shoulder with the arm hanging away from the body. Record the number to the nearest 1/16th of an inch.

2. Flex the arm and measure it at right angles to the bone around the largest part of the contracted biceps with the upper arm parallel to the floor. Record the contracted arm to the nearest 1/16th of an inch.

3. Determine the difference between the relaxed and contracted measurements.

If you’re trying to get leaner, or just out of curiosity, you should apply the same guidelines to your arm. Over several weeks, if you’re getting leaner, the differences between your relaxed and contracted upper-arm measurements will get greater. If you’re getting fatter, the differences between the two will get smaller.

The reason one goes up and the other goes down is the fact that… you can’t flex fat! Only muscle contains contractile tissue."

Have you tried this???

I haven’t tried that, YET. I will give it a shot though and see what I get. Let me know if you try it. I would be interested to see a few different peoples results.

But to answer your first questions, I do feel that I have been getting leaner. I am noticing a little bit more definition in my arms and legs. I won’t be going for the skin fold test for another 6 weeks, but, I anticipate some good results.

I will post pictures over the weekend and I hope to see the difference.

Aug. 23 Bicep Measurement:
Relaxed: 13 4/16
Contracted: 15 5/16

The next measurment will be in two weeks

Day 12 (Day 5 or Week 2):

Training:
(Morning)
Warm up
Stretch

Four sets at 50% RM for 2 mins 15 seconds per movement ( 1.5 min rest between sets)

• Deadlifts, push-ups, back squats, Lat pulldown

Cool down
Stretch

Diet:
Meal one: Protein Shake(Post WOrkout)
Meal Two: 2 eggs, 2 oz turkey, 2 slices of Tomato
Meal three: 22 Almonds
Meal Four: Greek Salad, 6 o Grilled Chicken
Meal Five: 1 oz Beef Jerky
Meal Six: 4 oz turkey breast, 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup corn

Supplements
3 fish oil caps (twice)

Not a bad day. The women and I went out for dinner but I stuck to my guns and ate the best that I could.

Love your work ethic! I’ll be following along. Good luck.

Day 13 (Day 6 Week 2)
Training
Cardio (Morning)

• 50 Jumping Jacks

Cool Down:
10 minute walk
Stretch

Diet:
Meal One: 3 Egg Whites
Meal 2: 1 Tbsp Peanut butter
Meal 3: Protien Shake (Post Workout), 1 cup watermelon
Meal 4: 6 oz grilled chicken, 2 cups of lettuce, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 vinager
Meal 5: TBD
Meal 6: TBD

Supplements: