Not-So Friendly Gym Advice

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
JimmyLee09 wrote:
The funny thing is that people will allow the ignorant remarks of other to stop them from posting threads. How about posting a thread yourself. Also, the funny thing is that people are constanly checking out my threads, so they not be as bad as you claim. My threads seem to spark the interest of many people. Hate my threads or love them, there will always be a group of people who wants to read them. Start posting some threads and stop just reading others and replying to them. Lead, don’t follow.

Dude, I think ‘leading’ involves having some knowledge, or at least directing a conversation in some manner that displays insight, experience, or information that is not readily available. You merely make stupid comments on topics that have been discussed to death, been written about already by some of the extremely qualified authors on here, or just ask a question so inanely elementary, that some folks think they’ve stumbled onto BBing.com by mistake. Seriously man, you’re a major contributor to watering down the quality of these forums.

Maybe you should go back to just lurking about and stop trying to become a contributing member. Real T-folk who make a difference around here usually have higher than average levels of training/dietary knowledge, as well as experience,… and judging by your contributions so far,… you? not so much.

S
[/quote]

See, here is a poster that post stuff worth reading. I make threads when I have a question that has not been asked before. With 10 years+ on information here, there is usually little reason to make a thread. Your threads suck plain and simple like Stu just said.

A real leader wouldn’t ask stupid questions that have been answered all the time either.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Just when I’m at a point where I want to sell my equipment and join a commercial gym, I read shit like that and get slapped back into reality.
Home gym = heaven![/quote]

So bloody true

I think that at times “unsolicited advice” can be warranted. If it weren’t for a guy giving me advice that I never asked for I could still be deadlifting with a curved back!

I do definitely agree that someone coming up to me and saying “Hey bro, you should turn your hand around when you’re curling if you want to get sweet bi’s like me!”, would annoy the hell out of me.