T Nation

Not Sleeping Well

Especially after training Sunday am, all day Monday it’s very hard to get and STAY asleep.

And of course I work graveyard = no sleep before work!

Sucks a bunch…

yeah

try harder

do drugs

Take some valerium root and get some exercise.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
try harder[/quote]

Now why didn’t I think of that?

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Take some valerium root and get some exercise.[/quote]

Never tried that one before.

What I have tried today is Melatonin.

Worked well at getting me to sleep be not so much keeping me asleep.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
5 htp should aid in keeping you asleep. Just give it a week or so to build up. 50mg per day before bed works for me.

BBB[/quote]

Htp?
Whazat?

I did buy some Valerian and will try it today.

i had the same problem a while back. Try Shut-eye by Fusion, not a plug, i just found it worked really well

Have you tried masturbating right before bed?

I’m not actually kidding.

curl up in a feotal position and focus on your breathing -ala meditation. and take ZMA, and dont watch tv right before bed, read a book instead

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
curl up in a feotal position and focus on your breathing -ala meditation. and take ZMA, and dont watch tv right before bed, read a book instead[/quote]

What he said. Works for me…somewhere I can swear I read that the fetal position is our natural sleep postition or some BS like that.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
5 htp should aid in keeping you asleep. Just give it a week or so to build up. 50mg per day before bed works for me.

BBB[/quote]

5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan)

One of the ingredients in Z-12, can also be purchased on its own on the net.

Part of some other sleep aids too.

Z-12 Puts me to sleep like a baby if I take enough.

Some good in put, thank you.
The Valerian root helped a bit, it kinda sneaks up on you.

But the Melatonin hits me in maybe 40 minuets.

I’ve tried everything but prescription drugs. I now regularly get up in the middle of the night or very early in the morning. I’ve gotten to where I go ahead and get up if I sleep past 4 in the morning. It sucks. My grandfather and dad were/are the same way. The only thing that seems to help me is Tylenol PM. With that I can usually sleep until almost 4.

Wait so fetal position like legs to chest, arms wrapped around legs type thing?

Marijuana.

I’ve tried melatonin, Xanex, lunesta, and every “Generic Drug”-PM there is in existence.

Only Mary Jane consistently puts me out when I need to be in dream land. She is my sand woman!