Not Seeing Muscle Growth

Hey my name is david and ive been workout my upper body for year now. When I started I was 130 and currently I am 150. I do not have a problem putting on weight but my arms have not gained an inch. My workout is typically 3 sets of curls with 20 lb, 30, lb and 35 lb. Then I bench press around 120-130 like 10 reps 3 times. I then I curl with thw bar with about 30 pounds on it. I go 5 days a week for about 1hour and a half. .

Diet is very good I eat five times a day no fatty foods mostly pasta nut fruits and vegatables. I have had two trainers and resulted in theu do not kbow whats going on. I saw my doctor and he thinks it just may be my genes. At this point I don’t know if I should continue to work out or just go to stay fit. Please help and im willing to answer questions amd give my information thank you

I also take re-built mass by gnc everyday

Nice job, that made me laugh.

[quote]dsam wrote:
ive been workout my upper body for year now.[/quote]

Do you have no legs?

Even if that wasn’t a retarded plan, and it is, 7 sets does not take 90 minutes to complete. What do you do the other hour and 15 minutes at the gym?

I betcha it isn’t.

“Mostly” pasta, nuts, fruits, and vegetables… means pretty much no protein.

What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

Um, I don’t know what you were trying to say towards the end there. If you weren’t happy with the progress you saw following the trainer’s advice, that’s one thing. But from the sound of it, you simply need to eat right and get on a better training program. Take care of those two and, boom, you’ll magically start making progress.

I lift about 250 with my legs my base is pretty good. I am an all state quarterback in ct. My upper body is what I need to work on to put more power in my throw. I take rebuilt muscle mass every single day. I squat and nuild my legs and cardio for the hour and a half

[quote]dsam wrote:
I lift about 250 with my legs my base is pretty good.[/quote]
Vague response is vague. :confused:

Maybe start lifting with the biggest guys on the O-line? (Kidding, kinda.)

Dude, two simple options…
Train like this:

And eat like this:

or, just do everything discussed here:

That’s really as simple as I can lay it out and either choice will absolutely get you closer to your goals, making you a stronger and more muscular player.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]dsam wrote:
I lift about 250 with my legs my base is pretty good.[/quote]
Vague response is vague. :confused:

Maybe start lifting with the biggest guys on the O-line? (Kidding, kinda.)

Dude, two simple options…
Train like this:

And eat like this:

or, just do everything discussed here:

That’s really as simple as I can lay it out and either choice will absolutely get you closer to your goals, making you a stronger and more muscular player.[/quote]

Thanks man I will give this a try and I will give you an update on my results

[quote]Silyak wrote:
Nice job, that made me laugh.[/quote]

X2. I would’ve thought an all-state QB would know a little more about strength training and weigh a little more than 150…

good troll

Some say start your session with the body part you want to focus on/improve more.
Some say that plus redo that part at the end of your session.
Was it allways last?
Maybe you are trying to save yourself for field time.
Maybe 60 min. really pushing yourself would get better results.
Or 3 times weekly.

[quote]dsam wrote:
Hey my name is david and ive been workout my upper body for year now. When I started I was 130 and currently I am 150. I do not have a problem putting on weight but my arms have not gained an inch. My workout is typically 3 sets of curls with 20 lb, 30, lb and 35 lb. Then I bench press around 120-130 like 10 reps 3 times. I then I curl with thw bar with about 30 pounds on it. I go 5 days a week for about 1hour and a half. .

Diet is very good I eat five times a day no fatty foods mostly pasta nut fruits and vegatables. I have had two trainers and resulted in theu do not kbow whats going on. I saw my doctor and he thinks it just may be my genes. At this point I don’t know if I should continue to work out or just go to stay fit. Please help and im willing to answer questions amd give my information thank you[/quote]

Did the doctor ask you exactly what you ate yesterday before his “Bad Genes” diagnosis?

[quote]dsam wrote:
I also take re-built mass by gnc everyday[/quote]

[quote]dsam wrote:
I take rebuilt muscle mass every single day. [/quote]

I broke both of my arms in the past two years and I was cleared to start lifting a year and a half ago but I wasn’t big before that. I really didn’t think I needed to be bigger because I was already good but when I edit to a college tryout I got some big hits by some big dudes and there coach said u need More air in my throw Hench bigger arms for my power.

My mechanics are good and plant my feet with my legs are great just the upper body. My doctor said genes because my whole family is like this none is big not my parents uncle’s cousins etc. I feel like I’m not mment to be big

Just so everyone knows, this is about par for the course in Connecticut.

[quote]dsam wrote:
I broke both of my arms in the past two years and I was cleared to start lifting a year and a half ago but I wasn’t big before that. I really didn’t think I needed to be bigger because I was already good but when I edit to a college tryout I got some big hits by some big dudes and there coach said u need More air in my throw Hench bigger arms for my power.

My mechanics are good and plant my feet with my legs are great just the upper body. My doctor said genes because my whole family is like this none is big not my parents uncle’s cousins etc. I feel like I’m not mment to be big[/quote]

No offense, but your doctor is…how to put this nicely…an idiot. You need to revamp both your training and your eating. Train and eat like the articles Chris Colucci linked you say. Then try to lift heavier weights each week, or each month, using that same training in those same articles.