T Nation

Not Seeing a Big Change

Hey, Im 19 years old… I started working out around 6 months ago… but I havn’t noticed a big change except that Im a big stronger… probably because Im skinny… Im 6’3 and 171 pounds… Ive tried weight gainer called QuickMass but It hasnt helped that much.

Im looking to gain around 15 pounds of muscle and gain more strength… I play soccer and Im looking to go to Europe this year so I really need fast improvements in strenght and some size. With my height and skill lots consider me to have tons of potential in soccer but my strength and weight is my biggest weakness.

I was looking into getting M1T’s but after I did some research for a couple of days, I realized its a bad idea because I have seen people’s own stories and their friend stories of bad side effects and Im not looking to get any of that coming my way.

I just need to find something that works without doing harm to things like my liver, or body parts, etc.

I would really prefer NOT to use steroids because Im scared of the side effects but if anyone HAS ANY help or tips on what to take and what not to take… PLEASE post it… Im open to hear any help. Or… basically the best way to put it is… Considering my height and weight, what would be the best thing to do to gain weight/muscle/strenght quickly, without having a good chance of bad side effects? Im not looking for something that I need to take for a long time, I want to do something that would give me a nice boost in the next 1 or 2 months.

Also, I know somepeople might say EAT ALOT. Its hard for me… I have a really fast metabolism and play soccer everyday.

I found something like this
www.bodybuilding.com/store/imag/ana.html

But still not sure about it…

Thanks and I hope you guys understand what Im asking

[quote]888wolla wrote:
Also, I know somepeople might say EAT ALOT. Its hard for me… I have a really fast metabolism and play soccer everyday.
[/quote]

If you have a fast metabolism and are playing soccer at a high level every day, then EAT ALOT MORE!! Nothing else will give you the results you want, including a steroid cycle. As a bonus, there are no negative side effects of eating a lot. Every week, increase your intake by 250 calories, and see where that gets you. If you don’t know how much you’re eating now, start keeping a food log. Judging by your weight, I’ll bet you’re eating a lot less then you think you.

If you’re having trouble getting enough food down, put olive oil on everything, eat natural peanut butter, down some protein shakes, etc. With your activity levels, fat gain shouldn’t be a huge issue for you, so chow down.

If you have a really fast metabolism fuck it up lol.
Drink soda, eat chips in between meals at stupid times, yeah you will gain some fat but it will help your current goals.
You can lose the fat later.
Worked for my friend anyway.

if you have a fast metabolism, you should be hungry more often

You have a fast metabolism and you play soccer. There’s part of your issue right there. That’s a lot of activity if you’re trying to gain muscle.

I’m betting you’re severely undereating. You don’t mention anywhere how many calories you are eating. Do you even know? With your activity level, you need to be eating TONS if you want to gain 15 lbs of muscle.

You’ve only been training for six months. It doesn’t happen overnight. You need to be patient and stick with it.

Lastly, don’t look for some magic supplement to push you over the edge. Even steroids wouldn’t do much for you if you aren’t eating enough.

Even if you workout and eat a ton you’re not going to look drastically different in just one or two months. I got frustrated after my first two months, since I didn’t see huge changes, but around 5-6 months you see a difference.

you guys are probably right… i am not eating the calories i should be eating in order to gain weight…

does anyone know a website that calculates your height and weight to how much calories you should be eating a day?

[quote]888wolla wrote:
you guys are probably right… i am not eating the calories i should be eating in order to gain weight…

does anyone know a website that calculates your height and weight to how much calories you should be eating a day?[/quote]

Eat more and try switching up your routine, also make sure you’re getting enough sleep. I really wouldn’t suggest steroids. I’ve never used them but I’ve heard that if you are skinny when you start using then you will lose most of the muscle you gain from it pretty quickly after your off.

[quote]Ham wrote:
Eat more and try switching up your routine, also make sure you’re getting enough sleep. I really wouldn’t suggest steroids. I’ve never used them but I’ve heard that if you are skinny when you start using then you will lose most of the muscle you gain from it pretty quickly after your off.[/quote]

Ham, if you don’t know what you’re talking about, don’t talk about it.

There’s an entire forum on this site if you want to learn. Probably the best regulated forum on this site. Highly recommend it. Go read.

19 years old and 6 months working out… why the hell is the “S” word even being used. C’mon now.

[quote]cman10 wrote:
19 years old and 6 months working out… why the hell is the “S” word even being used. C’mon now.[/quote]

dont mind that a slip of the tounge I am sure,

your problem is simple its comes in 2 parts

1 your not eating to gain,eat more and eat clean,high protien moderate fats and carbs,at your age dont really worry about what you eat but dont get into bad eating habits either just eat more and eat more often.there are great stickies here tha twill help you make the right coices.

and 2 your not being patient,the body takes a while to make any type of progress,stay at it and you wont see a difference cause well,you see yourself every day but if you take a picture today and look back at it in 6 more months I am sure you will see something if you are working hard and eating right.

Boys this is not dificult he needs to EAT ALOT MORE I MEAN ALOT MORE

EAT AT LEAST 5000 CALORIES A DAY!

LIFT NO MORE THAN 3 DAYS A WEEK BUT GO BALLS TO THE WALL WITH A GOOD PROGRAM! Starting strenght is DEFINATLY for you!

SLEEP ALOT

You are 19! Your Test levels are already through the roof naturally dont be a dumbass and use steroids lift as heavy as you can during these high test years and build as much natural mass as posible then reevaluate when your like 26!

GET TO IT EAT LIFT SLEEP

6 months ? try 6 years