T Nation

Not Satisfied With Biceps

Hello,my name is Peter i am 14 years old and i am tired of looking in the mirror and seeing my small arms hanging there,for 1 year i have been doing alternate dumbbell curls first with 11Lbs(5Kilos),

now im doing with 22Lbs(10Kilos),i am doing 4 times 15 reps(with 22Lbs),now for example 11Lbs isnt a challenge for me anymore since i can do 152 reps non-stop until my arms start to burn with 22Lbs i can do 32,so what do you think i can do to increase my biceps,because i just want to have them really big so what can i do ?Workout everyday?Eat more?

Please help me

Greetings from Portugal

Start on a proper program.

Can you recommend a proper one for my age please?

[quote]Misterhamper wrote:
Start on a proper program.[/quote]

What he said.

What does your entire routine look like?

Alternated Dumbell Curls:4-6 Sets,15 Reps Each,22Lbs

Standing Barbell Curls:4 Sets,12 reps Each,49Lbs

Tricep Push Downs:3 Sets,15 Reps each,75 Lbs

Soo you only work your arms and nothing else? That’s your problem right there. Check out routines from Chat Waterbury, he’s got some good ones you could look at.

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
Soo you only work your arms and nothing else? That’s your problem right there. Check out routines from Chat Waterbury, he’s got some good ones you could look at.[/quote]

I also do the following:

Quadricep Extensions:4 Sets,12 Reps,200 Pounds

Underhand Cable Pulldowns:3 Sets,10-12 Reps,55 Pounds

Close-Grip Front Lat Pulldown:3 Sets,10-12 Reps,55 Pounds

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:3 Sets,10-12 Reps,55 Pounds

Butterfly(chest):3 Sets,15 slow Reps(to burn more),50 Pounds

Pullups:3 Sets,15 Reps

Is it me, or do the Europeans really like to curl.

[quote]Sentry wrote:
PF_88 wrote:
Soo you only work your arms and nothing else? That’s your problem right there. Check out routines from Chat Waterbury, he’s got some good ones you could look at.

I also do the following:

Quadricep Extensions:4 Sets,12 Reps,200 Pounds

Underhand Cable Pulldowns:3 Sets,10-12 Reps,55 Pounds

Close-Grip Front Lat Pulldown:3 Sets,10-12 Reps,55 Pounds

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:3 Sets,10-12 Reps,55 Pounds

Butterfly(chest):3 Sets,15 slow Reps(to burn more),50 Pounds

Pullups:3 Sets,15 Reps

[/quote]

Sorry, that routine is still no good, like I said, check out pre-made routines.

You want your biceps to grow? Ever try one arm dumbbell rows? For me my back was way stronger then my arms so this exercise totally forced my arms to catch up.

All in all, you need to start a real program dude. It is probably doubtfull that your body will grow well with isolation exercises like leg extensions and arm curls.

I seriously recommend the Anti- Bodybuilding Hypertrophy program by Chad Waterbury.

You probably won’t take this advice but it’s the best you’ll get:

Set strength goals in the 3 powerlifts plus pullups.

250 bench press
350 full squat
450 deadlift
BW + 75 pullup

These numbers are a good start and should be attainable within a reasonable amount of time.

Do whatever it takes to make these numbers…do only these lifts if you have to. By trial and error, if you are attentive, you will learn to:

-Train the lifts frequently
-Be patient w/ your progress
-Not get cute w/ program design
-Build your core strength
-Eat a lot of food (you will have to to get stronger at a fast rate)
-Train w/ moderate sets (3-5) and moderate reps (3-7) most of the time
-Make your arms fairly large w/out training like a tool

note: I am not making a general statement about the need for isolation/accessory exercises, or whatever. Nor am I saying you can build 20-inch arms without curls. But if you want the fastest route to a big muscular base, including muscular arms and muscular everything else, this is what you should do.

Good luck.

Thank you

Start by reading the sticky called “Are you a beginner?”.

[quote]zooropa1150 wrote:
Is it me, or do the Europeans really like to curl.[/quote]

They sure do… Even more then bench pressing.

Chin ups and pull ups will really do wonders for your biceps. So will “hammer curls.”

Don’t forget to eat lots of protien. beef eggs milk fish etc. You won’t get bigger if you don’t eat bigger.

Ramo gave you good advice.

Also remember this. If you must train your biceps, Rows will allow you to load your arms with more weight. You should always do your rows before your curls.

But as Dave Tate says. “Girls do curls. Guys train tris.” Your tricep has 3 heads and your bicep has 2 heads. Therefore your bicep has more potential to make your arm look big.

I have been taking Twinlab 100%Whey,but let me ask you a question,do you think that at this point i am too weak?A person who started when i did should be stronger?Or am i ok?

don’t worry about numbers. Everyone starts somewhere.