Not Responding to TRT, Low SHBG

Works great for me.

Who are you? Do you even have low SHBG?

I do my TP injections subcutaneously, 30mg EOD and it feels like absolutely nothing.

Thinning hair huh? You didn’t happen to take Finasteride did you? Sounds like you have Post Finasteride Syndrome, as soon as I got it I stopped responding to testosterone. I have been trying everything since, I am on some very heavy steroids to attempt to maintain response. It has been tricky, but I suggest you read into the condition. Doctor’s don’t know anything about it, only a few are trying to treat it, Dr Goldstein is a good one. Check PropeciaHelp.com and SolvePFS.Com(this site is devoted to trying to solve it)

I am also having similar symptoms. My testosterone serum levels are high, but I am experiencing low t symptoms. If I increase the dose slightly, I get better results for a couple of weeks, then back to low t symptoms. In fact, I even break out on my back when the low t really seems to hit, even though I am taking the same dose of T as the previous 3 or 4 weeks. (acne for me indicates a spike of a drop in Testosterone). Again, labs show normal range…symptoms say other wise. All I can conclude is some sort of tolerance.

I have been on Test-e for 7 years likely from secondary hypogandol. Began developing tolerance VERY slowly about two years ago which accelerated as I upped the dose to counteract the tolerance. I am now taking 85mg every 7 days. I started at 40mg every 5th day, then 42mg, then 44mg then 46mg over a year and a half. The second year it accelerated even more, esp after doing 6 months of just HCG alone (for fertility treatments). I don’t know what to do. My endo said he suspects there is a problem with my receptors, but I have read that there is no such thing except the afore mentioned 5AR-Inhibitor withdrawal syndrome. I have not used finasteride, but the high doses of HCG for 6 moths boost pregnelone, which converts to progesterone (which is a 5AR inhibitor). So I wonder if that may have had something to do with it, altough it does not seem likley after reading the white paper on propeciahelp.com

I may go off for 2 weeks and then start back at a low dose of 35mg of test cyp every 3rd day sub q. If that does not work, I will consider trying prop if I can find it. Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated!!!

Thoughts?

[quote]JustQuitDut wrote:
Thinning hair huh? You didn’t happen to take Finasteride did you? Sounds like you have Post Finasteride Syndrome, as soon as I got it I stopped responding to testosterone. I have been trying everything since, I am on some very heavy steroids to attempt to maintain response. It has been tricky, but I suggest you read into the condition. Doctor’s don’t know anything about it, only a few are trying to treat it, Dr Goldstein is a good one. Check PropeciaHelp.com and SolvePFS.Com(this site is devoted to trying to solve it)[/quote]

SolvePFS? I just went over there. “This board has no forums.” Do I need to create an account to see threads?

Can I ask you a question? You say you are on a cocktail of hormones to try to illicit a physiological response to androgens. Do you experience estrogen related side effects? I ask because I am suffering from PFS and have been on some heavy, heavy dosages of steroids as well. I do not experience water retention, itchy nipples or anything of the sort. This scares me as I do not take AI’s. My E2 levels have shown off the charts high yet I feel like they are crashed with achy joints and sore muscles. It’s like my E receptors are shut along with my androgen ones.

Bump…

Can you elaborate on the androgens/cocktail you are using and the doses?

Did you stop responding immediately to testosterone or was it gradual?

I am sorry, I don’t come here or to other forums, I am just at solvepfs.com, it is a private forum devoted to solving PFS, if you join, you will be approved and be able to read all the threads. Lots of info there, Propeciahelp is a huge public forum, solvepfs is more scientific and devoted to responding to testosterone. Anyone who signs up will be approved as long as they aren’t a robot.

Why is elevated free t (above range) not to be desired?

Above range free testosterone leads to above range estradiol. It’s bad because it requires you to take an AI. If you aren’t “on steroids” then this is not an ideal situation.

Were you a non-responder until daily injections? What dosage are you on? Thx