T Nation

Not Quite A Beginner, Advice

I am brand new to T-Nation and like what I see so far…I am 19 at 5’6" and weighing at 166lbs.

I played football and I wrestled all through highschool so I lifted all four years of highschool but since being away at college I havent been lifting and have gotten alot smaller in muscle and bigger in my stomach and not lifting for alittle over a year kinda just took something away…but now I am ready to make a commitment and really improve myself…any advice would be great( diets, routine,ect).

Im looking to really increase my muscle and get real cut

drop in and read the thread pinned above “are you a beginner” and the links and come on back with more direct questions bro

Phill

hey ric I know you are not a begginer but I still feel you should read the links posted in this thread http://beta.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=640350
The links show you what’s important the WHY which i feel is more important than the HOW. Hell I’ve been doing this for almost 11 years and I found useful info in the links provided in that thread (you can never know enough). I believe this will help you design a workout regimen and a good nutrtional plan (the latter is very important). So after you finish reading the links posted there. Write out your workout regimen and nutritional plan then post it here. This will put us in a better position to help YOU out

[quote]Mad Titan wrote:
hey ric I know you are not a begginer but I still feel you should read the links posted in this thread http://beta.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=640350
The links show you what’s important the WHY which i feel is more important than the HOW. Hell I’ve been doing this for almost 11 years and I found useful info in the links provided in that thread (you can never know enough). I believe this will help you design a workout regimen and a good nutrtional plan (the latter is very important). So after you finish reading the links posted there. Write out your workout regimen and nutritional plan then post it here. This will put us in a better position to help YOU out[/quote]

Ric:

I second Mad Titan’s advice. More education is the best next step before you listen to advice on a message board, or worse yet touch a weight.

Beginning a strength training/bodybuilding endeavor at a young age is the sweetest part of any real iron pumping enthusiast’s life.
The only advice I�??ll give is to learn enough about training before you do it, because there is no demon greater than injury for the iron-pumping enthusiast.

If you want to see what that “demon” can do, just check out the “The Over 35 Lifter” forum.

Good Luck