Not Progressing Very Well

hey, guys my main interests are to be a bodybuilder but since im still for the most part a beginner i figured i should do some strength training to get strong.

so i started doing West side for skinny bastards(the latest version) now its kind of hard to measure my progress on the lower body lifts since i started doing box squats, but then i had an imbalance between my two legs causing my form to fuck up, so last week i ditched the squats and went to deadlifts. But my bench which ive been doing all along seems to rise very slowly. This was my first time doing “heavy” lifts so i was hoping for some great gains, but since i started i’ve only gotten a small amount stronger. For example the first time i did a max bench i did 175 for 2 reps, tonite im up to about a 4 rep max at the same weight. and its about 4 or 5 weeks that ive been on this program(ill check my log to confirm how many weeks ive done) anyways i was hoping to only do this program for 8 or 10 weeks, but i really wanted it to take my bench up 200 at least. Anyways probably your guys initial respone would be to question my nutrition, but to be honest its pretty good, i take in about 3000 plus cals on a work out day, drink surge, carb up 90 mins after a workout. i also always try to get 8 hours sleep a night as well. So whats the deal here? i thought for sure this program would yeild better gains then this? can anyone help me out?

I can say that Westside didn’t work well for me, geared or raw. I might not have implemented it correctly, but there are a lot of other alternatives.

Maybe a simple 5x5 or sheiko routine would work better as the exercises don’t switch up as much. I have been an opponent of switching up exercises very often, unless you’re some elite genius who doesn’t need to work a specific exercise more than 3 times a month.

I think something much simpler that would allow you to focus primarily on benching, squatting, deadlifting, Chins, etc. You know, the basic movements. You can only get good at them by doing them.

You’re supposed to switch your ME lifts, not stick with them for 4-5 weeks at a time.

Read up on the articles on elitefts.com to get an idea on how the westside method works.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
You’re supposed to switch your ME lifts, not stick with them for 4-5 weeks at a time.

Read up on the articles on elitefts.com to get an idea on how the westside method works.[/quote]

Very true. You should do a little reading and figure out what’s going on.

Since your numbers indicate you are still in the beginner range, you can stick with the same ME move for three weeks, but I’d def cap it after that. Also, try following a 3/1 approach where you deload every fourth week, even if you feel like you don’t need it.