Not Progressing on Chest & Shoulders

Over the past few weeks the only exercises I’ve not been progressing on have been my presses. All my other lifts have been going up steadily, but I’ve actually lost strength on a few of my presses. Is it possible for just a few select muscle groups to be overtrained?

I rotate exercises whenever I go two weeks without progression. A few of my latest press progressions have looked like this:

Bench Press
225x6/230x5/230x4/

Swapped these for Incline Bench today and got
195x5.

Now the last time I did Inclines I got 195x6, which is what is making me think I am overtraining (or under- recovering/eating)

Shoulders have been similar

DB Shoulder Press
70’sx10/75’sx8/75’sx7

What have you all found to be the best way to keep progression going? Thanks

[quote]SquatDeep385 wrote:
Over the past few weeks the only exercises I’ve not been progressing on have been my presses. All my other lifts have been going up steadily, but I’ve actually lost strength on a few of my presses. Is it possible for just a few select muscle groups to be overtrained?

I rotate exercises whenever I go two weeks without progression. A few of my latest press progressions have looked like this:

Bench Press
225x6/230x5/230x4/

195x5.

Now the last time I did Inclines I got 195x6, which is what is making me think I am overtraining (or under- recovering/eating) [/quote]The eating part I’m thinking.
Also, your reps on those presses seem low in general… Try a little higher just for fun maybe…
As for your inclines… Ok, if you haven’t done these in a while and just recently put them back into the program, what do you expect? Keep that exercise in and try to progress next session. [quote]

DB Shoulder Press
70’sx10/75’sx8/75’sx7 [/quote] Anything from lack of food, sleep, rest between exercises, too many reps on your last warm-up, shitty day… Whatever.
Might help if you gave us your chest, delts and tri routines/ or your split in general. [quote]

What have you all found to be the best way to keep progression going? Thanks[/quote]
Simple. EAT MORE.
If you just decide to eat a certain amount… And never increase it… Guess what’s going to happen.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
SquatDeep385 wrote:

Bench Press
225x6/230x5/230x4/

195x5.

Now the last time I did Inclines I got 195x6, which is what is making me think I am overtraining (or under- recovering/eating) The eating part I’m thinking. This is what I was initially thinking but I figured a lack of food would affect all of my lifts, not just a few. Is this incorrect?
Also, your reps on those presses seem low in general… Try a little higher just for fun maybe… I figured someone would suggest this. Should I maybe shoot for a top set in the 10-12 range for a little while?
As for your inclines… Ok, if you haven’t done these in a while and just recently put them back into the program, what do you expect? Keep that exercise in and try to progress next session. Yeah you’re right that makes sense.

DB Shoulder Press
70’sx10/75’sx8/75’sx7 Anything from lack of food, sleep, rest between exercises, too many reps on your last warm-up, shitty day… Whatever.
Might help if you gave us your chest, delts and tri routines/ or your split in general.

What have you all found to be the best way to keep progression going? Thanks
Simple. EAT MORE.
If you just decide to eat a certain amount… And never increase it… Guess what’s going to happen.

[/quote]

Thanks very much for the reply. You’re just the guy I was hoping would answer.